Support and accountability- that's what friends are for!

Options
Weight loss is easier when you have support surrounding you! My name is Kate and I DO NOT get support at home. Don't get me wrong, I love my guys and family but they are NOT good dietary influences on me. I began MFFP last winter. Though I have not lost much weight I do realize that I have to step it up. I I have begun to notice patterns that cause me to hover (losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over and over again). I have decided to take this a step further. I recently decided to post my daily logins for my friends to see- the good, the bad, and the ugly. By doing this I feel as I have some sense of accountability (to myself and others). I am looking for others who would like to do the same thing and be supportive. There is strength in numbers, we WILL get there together =)
Cheers,
Kate

Replies

• katethegreat1212
    katethegreat1212 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please send me a friend request! We can do this!!!!!!
  • kpmauzy65
    kpmauzy65 Posts: 3
    Options
    I do not have a good support system surrounding me. The husband and son do not support me here at home and most of the people at work eat chips, soda, take out and junk. I feel like I'm surrounded by impending doom every where I go! I have kept on track with the exception of going to a two day conference where meals were provided.
    I check out the message boards when I log into MFP in the evenings looking for positivism and words of encouragement.
    I will start sharing more as I go along.
    It's been a month since I started. I have not stepped on a scale yet. I have an appointment with lady at the gym for measurements next week. I hope and pray I have made some kind of change. I have been working sooooo hard.
    Good Luck Kate!!! You go girl!!!
  • katethegreat1212
    katethegreat1212 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I know how it i. I feel like, my guy is like, welllllll, we took a walk we deserve pizza tonight (urrrgh he is skinny too)! My son has the same metabolism. My family and close friends are all overweight without the notion to change. It is so difficult! This is why I joined MFP =) WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello kate

well done for taking the step of logging daily wether it be good or bad, really will help to see where you are going wrong and allow you to focus more specifically

seen a few people on here mention they have no support around them at home, but i think it can be hard for people when one person is on a mission while they are not and dont fully understand how tough it can be
    think its just a case of zoning out and doing what you need too, and i think also that once a noticeable difference can be seen by others then they will praise and motivate in the sense you will get the comments of well done, and wow you look slimmer etc, which you can use to push you to greater success

i wont claim to be anywhere near the greatest motivator on this site but am more than happy to throw a few words of encouragement your way if you want to add me,

best of luck on achieving your goals :)
  • varuca1
    varuca1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I do have a good support system, both at home and at work. That said, I can always use more support and motivation. Sending you a friend request :)