Clean eating

Options
Hello, my name is Katrina I am going to be losing 50lbs and I plan on doing this with clean eating and exercise. I am also trying to not eat past 7pm. If you have clean eating tips I would love to hear them.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Check out the main forums, there's a couple if these types of threads in progress.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    How do you define "clean" eating? You will lose weight if you are in a calorie deficit. How clean it is will make no difference.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - I am going to give you the following advice.

1. ditch the clean eating it is necessary for nothing and impossible to define.
    2. enter your stats into MFP and set it for one pound per week loss.
    3. get a food scale and weigh all solids
    4. make sure you are using accurate MFP database entries
    5. log everything that you eat
    6. realize that no foods are bad/clean/good/whatever; you can eat the foods you like on a daily basis like cookies, ice cream, processed foods, etc; however, make sure that the majority of your foods are nutrient dense
    7. make sure you hit micros/macors
    8. find a form of exercise you like and do it < not necessary but is good for overall health.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi Katrina eat healthy foods if you want and if that is what you like to. You can eat whatever you want and as long as you maintain a deficit you will lose weight. So please understand healthy foods by themselves will not make you lose weight it is the deficit that is the important thing. Now however, if you are actually concerned about your health then by all means continue eating those foods that you feel will provide you the best nutitional value for the calories they are costing you. Set you goal up in MFP and stay below the calorie limit it sets for you. Then click on the tab for nutition at the top and make sure you are providing your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs.
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whilst eating a deficit will make you lose weight, there is far more to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle than that. I have lost over 30lbs through clean eating and exercise since having my little boy, and have never felt healthier. A "calorie" is not just a calorie - you need the right mix of (healthy) fats, protein, carbohydrates etc. All I will say is I'm now at a point where I don't really need to think about my calories (although I do still log out of habit!), I just eat a (huge) breakfast 500-600cal, good lunch 400-500cal and dinner 500-600cal, with healthy clean snacks if I feel hungry such as fruit, nuts, dates etc. I also exercise 4 times a week (mainly circuit training, abdominal exercises and HIIT). All I will say as a downside is that eating healthier costs more, but it can be done on a budget if you're careful about it. I have never been the weight that I am now (110lbs before my recent holiday where I fell off the wagon but back on it now! Haha!) even before I was pregnant. Feel free to add me if you like - I can send you some recipes which I cook regularly and I've already worked out the nutrition info for. Good luck! x