is it wise that I not expect change in the first month?

Options
Just asking so I don't panic

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Well, you definitely shouldn't panic. That won't help anything.

But it's hard to say if you should expect change in one month without knowing what your situation is.

What are your goals and what are you doing to reach them?
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i think that if you expect major improvements in a month you may well be disappointed, really it is'nt a great amount of time,

however, if you look at it in a non physical sense then the change in a month can be huge, i.e you make it a month and have consistently worked out\dieted you will have a much greater sense of determination and motivation for the journey you are on,

agree with misskitty, any improvement no matter how small is a good thing, it just takes time but dont give up if it does not happen instantly

good luck, i hope you reach all your goals :)
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you want huge changes on the scale & how your clothes fit, you must make huge changes in how much & what you are eating-not saying to starve yourself-but to eat healthier & with exercise.

In my first month, I lost 16 lbs. I had an OMG moment & put my butt in gear from being sedentary active to very active. Having friends around to monitor my progress has been huge in my success to cheer me on these last 3 months.

In the last few months, I have gone from a high-carb & high-sodium diet to eating more healthier/less processed foods diet. I believe that if there's a will, there's a way! :)
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    How far in? I am all for being positive and supporting, but if I was more than half way through a month and there is zero change, I would be concerned that what I was doing was not effective. Then I would think about how I might fix it instead of despairing. You can lose if you follow a good weight loss program.