Losing for Lap Bars

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Noel and I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Today is the first day in my journey. This summer was the first time that I have gotten on a roller coaster and was forced to do the walk of shame because I couldn't secure the lap bar. This was my worst night mare. I absolutely adore amusement parks and the fact that every time I stand in line to get on my heart is racing a million miles per second not because I am anxious to ride, but rather just plain worried that I won't fit; that's just ridiculous! I want to enjoy myself. I want to fit comfortably. I want to be confident in myself that I can ride anything I want to. If you love amusement parks and want to make this happen, add me!

Replies

• TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Me too - I had to push the lap bar down / dig it into me, then slide down so my body was literally forcing the bar down and deeper into me. Couldn't ride with my son on a few rides so I understand your pain. Good luck in this as I want to get on another roller coaster too!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Funny but haven't we all had similar situations. How about being out to lunch with your skinny friend and you have to size up the Boothe before you sit down to make sure you're going to fit. Otherwise you've gotta come up with a quick reason why you want to sit at a table with chairs.