checking weight

Options
Hi I've been using this app for 55 days now and am curious how often do you guys check your weight, is there a bad number of times or anything? I check mine every morning as that's when I'm the lightest

Replies

• MarinosH
    MarinosH Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cmyers028 wrote: »
    Hi I've been using this app for 55 days now and am curious how often do you guys check your weight, is there a bad number of times or anything? I check mine every morning as that's when I'm the lightest
    Usually they advise to check once a week, so you don't get obsessed. That's usually when you're more likely to see progress, so you're also encouraged by the good news.
    I also know that when you binge one day, the actual weight gain is registered in around 3 days, not the next morning :-)
  • cmyers028
    cmyers028 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's my problem I check every morning and Idk when I get up and see I've dropped a couple ounces or so it almost inspires me but I guess that's cause I'm instant gratification kind of person
  • KeepRunning27
    KeepRunning27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually check once every three days, unless I'm feeling good that day and I think my weight has gone down
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I check everyday and use trendweight to see the trend past the ups and downs...
  • cmyers028
    Options
    I checked again this morning and I'm down 4.oz and like I said it motivated me, I just went for a run and did My 21 day fix it video before breakfast
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i do it every day. the trick is to remember somedays you will be heavier and that's ok. just so long as you keep going in a downward trend
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I check mine every morning. I don't worry about daily fluctuations too much but look for long term, weekly amd monthly, trends.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, in the morning before I have anything to eat or drink. I think if I weighed every day it would drive me crazy. That may be something I'll do when I'm close to my goal weight, but I have a long way to go til then.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you want to check every day, use an app or a spreadsheet to get a trending weight. That's what I use for my weigh in's. It averages out your highs and lows and gives you a better idea of your progress. Once you get used to the fluctuations, it really won't bother you so much but they can be insane so prepare yourself LOL I have days where I exercise more and eat less and end up picking up 3-5 lbs of water weight by the next day. It's not a true gain but it might be very unmotivating if you weren't used to seeing the daily numbers.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale whenever I see it out in the bathroom. I have it in the kid's bathroom so I might be in there a couple times a day or none. I only log weight on Thursday morning, though. Seeing the fluctuations actually helps me not to stress out if my Thursday morning weight isn't quite where I want it.
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every morning, although I usually log it once per week only.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with daily weighing. You can learn a lot. I might suggest that you log it in a weight app to make a cool chart. I use Libra but there are plenty out there. I only log new LOWS on here as they occur.
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I check every day, I can't help it! I try to only log once a week.
  • cmyers028
    Options
    I log on here when I see at least a pound less
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

I barely check mine. Maybe once a month. Helps me to not get too obsessed with it - I just go by how I feel and look
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    alykief wrote: »

I barely check mine. Maybe once a month. Helps me to not get too obsessed with it - I just go by how I feel and look

Same here. I don't see the need to check my weight more than once a month.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only log my weight on Sunday morning.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you can handle the fact that your weight is going to fluctuate wildly on a day to day basis, it is very useful to log every day. You can plot the data points in a spreadsheet and have it produce a "fit" line to see if you are gaining/losing at the correct rate.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Brolympus wrote: »
    If you can handle the fact that your weight is going to fluctuate wildly on a day to day basis, it is very useful to log every day. You can plot the data points in a spreadsheet and have it produce a "fit" line to see if you are gaining/losing at the correct rate.

Love this^^^^

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I take measurments weekly and weigh every one to two months. I feel that I learn more from measuring.