How to Lose Weight Fast and Safely!

Options
If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous.

Limiting salt and starches may also mean losing more weight at first -- but that's mostly fluids, not fat.

When you reduce sodium and cut starches, you reduce fluids and fluid retention, which can result in up to 5 pounds of fluid loss when you get started.

Diets for Fast Weight Loss:
I recommend eating a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, you can focusing on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.

Here are more tips :

>Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
>Drink plenty of water.
>Get tempting foods out of your home.
>Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
>Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
>Don't skip meals.

Keeping a food journal -- writing down everything you eat -- can also help you stay on track.

Best of luck. :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be advocating eating 1050 cals... Totally unnecessary and totally unhealthy to do it for any length of time.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh boy, it's Friday.

I'm so glad we have these new members to come on here and instruct us how to eat.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    the calorie count is a little low
    these are all things we have learned by trail and error with various level of success.The hard part is actually consistently achieving those goals. Good luck. we are here to encourage each other and learn
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Diets for Fast Weight Loss:
    I recommend eating a diet that full of foods you enjoy that are within your calorie allotment. No need to cut things out.

Eating 1050 - 1200 a day would be dangerous for a lot of people. Equally not everyone will lose 3-5lbs in the first week on that many calories. People need to eat the number of calories that's right for them, not some pre-ordained number.

And isn't it a bit pointless to recommend keeping a food diary on a website where the entire idea is to keep a food diary?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, it's Friday.

I'm so glad we have these new members to come on here and instruct us how to eat.

Check out the ticker of OP. Has lost nothing.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Cutting out foods, eating below recommendation without doctor's care...yeah, that sounds entirely safe.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you meant well with your "advice", but someone that weighs 250 pounds or more can easily lose weight on alot more than 1050 calories a day.

Someone that weighs that much trying to exercise 1 hour a day on that little fuel would very quickly crash.

Also I'm curious how reducing animal and dairy fats causes more rapid weight loss?
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    dxr7dhgexybb.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread is against TOS as you are promoting a VLCD diet...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I am sure your rules are 100% valid and above any kind of criticism and/or scrutiny
    -The Happy Rainbows and Unicorn Sparkles MFP Welcome Crew
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

plus 1
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Oh boy, it's Friday.

How about my advice?:
    1. eat less
    2. eat all things in moderation
    3. get off your backside and move more

Seems to be working OK
    58841349.png
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Oh boy, it's Friday.

Yeah, I caught that, too. OP - perhaps coming back and starting a thread *after* you've lost the weight and telling everyone how you did it would've been a more credible route to take.

• qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yeah, "fast" and "safe" are not typically two words used together for weight loss. Yes, someone with a lot of weight to lose may lose a lot of water weight initially, but then between 1-2 pounds a week is reasonable and what should be expected and accepted. It's not in anyone's best interest to advocate a very low calorie diet and give false hope that the weight will come off any faster than 1-2 pounds a week in the long run.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...what is your training in weight loss? Do you have a degree...currently studying...or is this based on your experience?

According to your profile you are 23 y/o...0lbs lost...with only 4 posts I am assuming that you are relatively new to this site.

For the "fast" weight loss that you are recommending IMO someone should be monitored by a doctor.

I weigh 199lb...for me to cut my calories enough to even lose 2lbs a week I would be eating around 1000 calories a day...every day. That is not enough food...not enough nutrients.

For me at least...yes...I would love to lose all of this extra weight "fast"...but not at the risk of my health.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lose weight fast.
    Lose weight safely.
    Pick one.

sopia717 wrote:
    If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.
    True as far as it goes, but don't take it to a ridiculous & unhealthy extreme, as you advocate.

if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could
    lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very
    important not to cut calories any further - that's dangerous.
    What you advocate is dangerous for anyone whose healthy goal weight is not 100 - 120 lb.
    No woman should go below 1200 unless she's very short (say 5' or less), or her doctor says it's OK.

And when someone is starting out so heavy, they can initially lose weight (and not be ravenous!)
    with a much higher calorie goal. As an example, I started with 1700. As I've lost weight & hit
    plateaus, I've dropped 50-100 cal at a time from my goal, to my current 1400.

Yes, someone who's very fat can safely lose 5 lb a week at first. I've done it, repeatedly. But I
    started out 100 lb over the very top end of a healthy BMI range. That 5 lb was less than 2% of
    my body weight, which is healthy & reasonable. To do the same relative loss now would be 3.8 lb.

These are actually reasonable:
    >Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
    >Drink plenty of water.
    >Get tempting foods out of your home.
    >Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
    >Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
    >Don't skip meals.

51637601.png