Overate last night; so STRONG this morning!

Options
I'm transitioning to maintenance with 54 pounds lost, 6 more to go to reach my goal of 140. (Female, 5' 5", almost 57 y.o.) I've switched my MFP goal from one pound per week to half a pound, and last week I added 50 calories per day; 100/day so far this week. But I exercise a lot, so I still lost over a pound last week and will likely lose again this week.

I got a job yesterday (yay!) and so went out last night to celebrate with Italian food. I ate/drank probably 1200 calories, and felt great -- wasn't over-full at all. I row in a rowing club at 6 am most mornings; did so today. I felt so incredibly strong! My technique and timing were the best they've ever been, and I really helped to pull the boat. This was a real eye-opener for me. I'd expected to feel sluggish and woozy, and instead I felt like a peak athlete. Sometimes the answer is to eat more; not 1200 more, but more. I'll remember this.

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    When an event/race is near I always increase my calorie intake. For your engine to operate optimally it needs fuel.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Planning on carb loading tonight and in the morning before I max on all my lifts tomorrow. I'm anticipating a strong day, too :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    Planning on carb loading tonight and in the morning before I max on all my lifts tomorrow. I'm anticipating a strong day, too :)

Love it!!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Errrr, well yeah.

Calories = energy.
    Carbs = glycogen.

More energy + more glycogen = better performance ability.
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    Errrr, well yeah.

Calories = energy.
    Carbs = glycogen.

More energy + more glycogen = better performance ability.

But I thought I was speshull! (I can tell I'm going to love maintenance.)