bariatric surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Great :) I see a lot of patients that have never been offered any support on nutrition whether its in their weight loss journey before the band, theiir decision to get a band or even after the band has been placed and I don't think that is fair on the person. Best of luck with it!
  • jillianmunsey
    jillianmunsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am day 12 post op lap band and this week I am finally feeling a little better. The MD just gave clearance to go back to working out, swimming and so on! I am very excited about the bootcamp I rejoined and look forward to losing weight (-7lbs and counting.) It sounds like the fills are not that fun. I have my first fill in 4 weeks... I think I am ready for anything! (I think...) :happy:
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    swimming already? that is good. i read somewhere that you can't swim for four weeks after surgery which was my one regret about having it done in the summer because i love lake swimming. pools just don't do it for me.
  • jillianmunsey
    jillianmunsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The MD said "swimming" because of the low impact exercise... however, I am reluctant to jump on into a pool until after at least 4 weeks... I wouldn't want something to leak in or leak out of me! :) Just kidding. But I did read about waiting much longer.
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    went for my first good swim of the season today. the water is still a little chilly, but definitely almost there. my surgery is going to be about a month from now so i have to hit the lakes hard between now and then.
  • Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I am posting in the right place but my orthopaedic consultant and my GP have both suggested bariatric surgery. I'm very reluctant and scared about this option but would like to know all the facts before I decide for or against.

Have people on here had surgery? Can you tell me a little first hand so to speak what it was like and what it consists of.

I'm in the UK and in order to qualify I need to do a course first called food for thought which lasts 12 weeks so I've been referred for that but I think there is a long waiting list. I'm considering private but the costs are quite high and basically I would rather pay for my hip surgery!

Any help and advice welcomed.