Determined mother of 6 ready for a change.

Options
I'm a 37 year old mother of 6. My oldest just turned 19. I spent my entire 20's having babies and being overweight. I've spent my 30's yoyo dieting getting close to my goal weight only to shoot back up. I feel tired most of the time and sluggish. I want to feel healthy and look healthy. I don't have unrealistic goals, I know I'll never have the body I had when I was 17, pre 6 babies. I want to be the best version of myself. I want to reach this goal by the time I turn 40. I want to spend my 40's feeling great and looking my best in and out of clothes.

This is my promise to the future me!

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Wow, 6! I'm a 37 year old mum of 3, and that's enough :). My eldest just turned 6 (on the 16th) and my other two are 4, and 13 months.

I've got about 20lbs to lose, but I also want to be really fit, and look fit, like tone my arms and legs up. I'd like to look great by the time I'm 40.
  • Mommanda77
    Mommanda77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My last pregnancy was twins boys, thus giving me # 5 & 6 <3 . I have about 40.lbs to lose. I have a bad back due to a car accident, I want to strengthen my inner core. I would love to have toned legs a plump my butt :) . It's really an overall lifestyle change I'm trying to make, physically and spiritually.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    How old are they all?

Do you go to a gym? If not yet, I'm sure a trainer could help you with exercise you can do with your bad back.

I'm just losing weight gained in pregnancy. I'm not that much bigger now than I was, but weight wise I still weigh quite a lot more. I've been exercising for several years now, and exercised all through my first and third pregnancies. I'm really starting to push myself with exercise now and do lots of circuits style workouts, and PT sessions. I really love exercise though.
  • ricmines
    ricmines Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You'll be surprised how much it helps to see what you're eating and goals you accomplish. Feel free to add me. It helps to have a good support network. I started a life style change a year ago, but just recently found this app a month ago. I'm down twenty pounds from last year, and am close to reaching my goal.
  • Mommanda77
    Options
    19, 17, 15, 13, 11,11... 5 boy's and a girl, she is the second oldest.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    2 years gap each time. I've got a boy and 2 girls. It would be quite nice to have another boy, but I'm done now. I'm too old!

You're welcome to add me by the way.
  • Mommanda77
    Options
    My daughter and my 15 year old are actually 17 months apart. My daughter will be 17 on Tuesday. And my son will be 16 in October.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Wow, that's close. My first 2 are 22 months apart and I found that quite hard.