30 Day Shred Level 1, Photos 10 days in

Hi All! I've been starting to track my intake and exercise and also began the 30DS last week. I did 10 days at level 1 and am ready for the next level. I was feeling frustrated and tired of the workouts by about day 7 and with 'only' losing 2lbs (felt like it should have been so much more, but realizing post baby and 25, weight isn't falling off like it once always did) but i looked at the photos and have regained a little more motivation. I'm the mother to a beautiful 1.5 year old, moved 900 miles, just started a new job this week and lost a very important member of my family. I've yo yoed so much since having my girl and I really want to make these good habits stick! Feel free to message add me! Nicole =)IMG_5509_zpsu7rcoago.jpg<br>IMG_5505_zpsiokwodyi.jpg<br>IMG_5507_zpsum1aub9w.jpg<br>IMG_5508_zpsjcvqq4sk.jpg

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited June 2015
    You dont have to do any kind of diet to lose weight. You just need to eat less calories than you body burns and you will lose weight. You can eat anything you like and still lose weight as long as you eat less than your body burns. I have eaten 3 donuts today but my total calories eaten for the day will still be less than what my body used so i will continue to lose. As long as your eating less calories you dont have to do all those workouts that make you feel tired.
  • Nurse89Nicole
    Nurse89Nicole Posts: 11 Member
    Well I have been consuming between 1200-1500 cal a day, and burn well over that during my every day lifestyle, not to mention the working out. I wear a heart rate monitor and track my cal burned. So while yes, you will lose weight, it will happen extremely slow. I have had all labs (thyroid function etc) checked. I just can't seem to shed much.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    nicolynn4 wrote: »
    Well I have been consuming between 1200-1500 cal a day, and burn well over that during my every day lifestyle, not to mention the working out. I wear a heart rate monitor and track my cal burned. So while yes, you will lose weight, it will happen extremely slow. I have had all labs (thyroid function etc) checked. I just can't seem to shed much.
    That's a great change in such a short amount of time. :flowerforyou:

30 DS from what I've seen makes people lose a lot of inches with little weight loss.

Are you using a food scale? If not, you probably are eating a bit more than you think.

I'm not sure what your referring to by the bolded statement. Are you implying that those of us who eat what we want within our calorie goals lose at a slower rate?

edit: And 2 lbs in 7 days is amazing. I mean honestly you don't have much to lose and 2 lbs is the most that is recommended for healthy weight loss. When you don't have much to lose weight loss is slower. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but just remember that the max recommendation for weight loss is 2lbs per week.
  • Nurse89Nicole
    Nurse89Nicole Posts: 11 Member
    nicolynn4 wrote: »
    That's a great change in such a short amount of time. :flowerforyou:

30 DS from what I've seen makes people lose a lot of inches with little weight loss.

Are you using a food scale? If not, you probably are eating a bit more than you think.

I'm not sure what your referring to by the bolded statement. Are you implying that those of us who eat what we want within our calorie goals lose at a slower rate?

edit: And 2 lbs in 7 days is amazing. I mean honestly you don't have much to lose and 2 lbs is the most that is recommended for healthy weight loss. When you don't have much to lose weight loss is slower. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but just remember that the max recommendation for weight loss is 2lbs per week.
    Thank you! No i was just letting the above poster know I understand that it is a concept of burning more than I consume i should have said "I will lose extremely slow". I have definitely had metabolic changes, and understand that if I eat 1200 calories of veggies, lean proteins etc. vs 1200 calories of carby starchy food, my body will hold on to water and weight more.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Just popping in to say you have such a cute hourglass shape.