Support in leading a healthy lifestyle

Options
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some MFP buddies to help me stay motivated and healthy.

I lost over 35 lbs using MFP as a tool about 3-4 years ago. I exercised regularly, learned how to eat healthy, and found myself in better shape than I ever imagined was possible for me. Then I hit some difficult times in my life and lost the will to do all those things that, deep down, I knew were right.

After regaining some weight (15 lbs), I'm back and trying to take better care of myself again. Are there other people out there who want to live a healthy lifestyle, but struggle with it in the face of life's realities? No gimmicks, no quick-fixes, no dangerous silliness - just a straight-forward life-long commitment to respecting our bodies and our health.

Replies

• Gwyffendor
    Gwyffendor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found that losing weight is not the challenge, but indeed keeping a healthy weight with a healthy lifestyle.

A titanium discipline (iron is not strong enough and too flexible :D ) is what should help me, though in tough times, we all do silly things.

What helps me the most to stay focused is to PLAN AHEAD: Knowing when and what your next meal will be can offer an anchor in the day. Planning multiple days ahead keeps even the tougher weeks manageable.

It is a struggle, and it will always be a struggle. With or without help. Just remember:

You have the choice to eat or not eat. As long as you know what your next meal could be, you are moving forward. There are many people who share a similar fate, there are even more who don't have a choice, or whose struggle is worse. There are also those who do not care.

The fact that you are here, and sharing in your struggle only means that you care and have the will to succeed in a healthy life. You are not alone, and you never will be. Good health doesn't come for free - we have to work for it.