Any help would be fab!

Options
After 51 months of being off this app decided to come back on to monitor what I'm eating and drinking along with how active I am! I struggle to eat on a daily basis and have had a rapid weight loss (doctors words) they did bloods which all came back normal other than folic acid was low, I've had problems with my bowls since having my youngest daughter and hysterectomy 10 year ago, sometimes I go weeks to go to toilet and feel full and uncomfortable that I can't eat I have tried all the different Things doctors have prescribed with no success so started on dulcolax which helped for a while but I came off them so not to get addicted, I try and eat one meal a deal but sometimes don't manage that, I can never really get my calories etc above average, some days I'm only getting nearly 500 in me, I force myself to eat most days but tend to have fluids more than anything and the wrong sort I.e coffee, lucozade and orange cordial, I dont eat breakfast and sometimes go out for a large lunch and don't eat for the rest of the day because I constantly feel full I don't want to lose anymore weight and want to maintain it and doctors really don't help so have stopped going back to them, any recommendations on the sort of foods/ meals that could help me along the way would be greatly appreciated? It's just becoming a worry now at how quick the weight it dropping off me and people commenting on how it's gone to far which is summat I'm struggling to prevent but I don't know how to go about levelling everything out to even putting a few pounds back on?? Any genuine opinions would be great, thanks in advance

Replies

• dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What are you eating, when you do eat?
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Maybe try taking a pro biotic. I have the heard the one from Plexus is more effective.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So your Dr didn't really address you not being able to poop? Maybe you should get a second opinion.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Read this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

It is a list of calorie dense foods. If you feel like you can't eat more volume, try to eat foods with less volume that pack a higher calorie punch.

Also, you may want to make sure you're staying hydrated and getting plenty of fiber. It doesn't sound like there is much fiber in your diet, which will help with your bowel problems.
  • Helen84xxx
    Helen84xxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    dredremeg wrote: »
    What are you eating, when you do eat?
    99% of the time it's a sandwich, sometimes a couple packets of crisps if I go out for dinner then just pick at bits and bobs on the table, last couple of days I've tried poached egg on toast as well
  • Helen84xxx
    Helen84xxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Read this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

It is a list of calorie dense foods. If you feel like you can't eat more volume, try to eat foods with less volume that pack a higher calorie punch.

Also, you may want to make sure you're staying hydrated and getting plenty of fiber. It doesn't sound like there is much fiber in your diet, which will help with your bowel problems.
    Thank you I will be sure to check it out