Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So mad at my Polar F6

tech_sarah
tech_sarah Posts: 91
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I've had my HRM for about a year and a half. I wash it once a week, b.c you're supposed to wash it after 5 times of using. So I work out 5-6 days a week.
I have replaced the battery one time.
This d*mn thing has stopped working!! It doesn't matter what exercise I do: spinning, lifting, running, biking.
It has been working inconsistently for a little over a week not picking up a HR and I decided I'm going to call the company.
Any one else have this problem??

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Are you washing just the elastic strap or the whole chest unit with the plastic part? I swim in mine everyday and rinse it under a shower and let it air dry and no problems so far. And, are you washing it with detergent/soap? That might have something to do with it. Also, the Polar F6 batteries are supposed to be changed by the Polar company to guarantee water/moisture resistance. If you changed the battery yourself, you might run into a problem with the Polar company.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    my husband has the same problem with his. i don't know if he's washed it or not, but i know he has gone swimming with it before. when it started acting up he figured it was the battery and had it changed at a jeweler. they told him it wasn't guaranteed waterproof anymore, and he never got it wet after that, but it was still messing up. he bought it from ebay, so i don't think he can send it to polar. i'm interested to know what they might say about it.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Are you washing the actual watch or just the chest strap? The only thing your supposed to wash is the chest strap? And only by hand in pure water. Personally, I wash mine every time I use it but all I do is rinse it off in warm water when I take my after-workout shower. I dry it the same as my sports bra--put on towel, fold towel in half then step on w/ feet to get off excess moisture. When I get home I hang both on a clothes hanger to dry overnight. I know it's getting clean b/c I'm not having any break-outs :) I've been doing this for over a year & haven't had any problems :))
This discussion has been closed.