Father is coming!!!! Don't leave your house hungry :( bad things might happen

Options
Stay focused. My family is wonderful they make u feel at home as soon as u get of the car they hand me a plate pop sweets..........help......!!!!?!?????!
I know they mean well and want to make me feel welcome but why does it have to be with food!!! I'm going to drink 2 glasses of water before I leave the house

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    confused
  • trusty48
    trusty48 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You need to let them know what you are trying to do and why. Most likely they will respect it and support you.

On the other hand, if they refuse to acknowledge that you are trying to change it may be because they don't want to face the fact that they need to change too.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

For those who can't see the clip-" did you mean for all those words to come out together, or did they just fall out randomly?"
  • organizedrxhck
    organizedrxhck Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Randomly just typing out loud lol

We're having a big family BBQ . When our family gets together we eat right who doesn't. I just feel they could be more supportive less judgmental.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Holidays with my family? I just eat. I have lost 61 pounds while not counting on holidays. Weight loss isn't your whole life.

My tips:

-Turn down the cokes and chips and focus on the foods your family prepared.
    -Don't let anyone push leftovers on you--no more than one plate, anyway. Take your dish(es) in disposable containers so you can leave them behind.
    -Move as much as possible. Clean up. Chase your nieces and nephews. Don't just hang out by the buffet.

You're going to eat too much that day, who cares? If you've been logging right, worst case scenario is you eat into your weekly deficit.

Oh, and don't talk about your weight loss to your family if they're not supportive. Just do your thing.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Look at all the food options before deciding what to eat. Make them lower cal (if you want) by having a hamburger rather than cheeseburger, or only eating .5bun instead of the whole bun. load you plate with veggies (no cheese or mayo based dips) so you feel fuller and wont be tempted to go back for more of the high cal stuff.
  • organizedrxhck
    organizedrxhck Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love the ideas I will do all of these. Thanks for the support. I was thinking and I'm. Going to take one or two dishes that I can eat without feeling guilty.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Stay focused. My family is wonderful they make u feel at home as soon as u get of the car they hand me a plate pop sweets..........help......!!!!?!?????!
    I know they mean well and want to make me feel welcome but why does it have to be with food!!! I'm going to drink 2 glasses of water before I leave the house
    Arrive with your food in your hands so you can't take the soda, etc.
    Love the ideas I will do all of these. Thanks for the support. I was thinking and I'm. Going to take one or two dishes that I can eat without feeling guilty.
    Yes, I always bring food to family events.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    enjoy your family. eat good food.

one day is not going to undo all your work.