I've Gained This Week...

Options
Hi,
I have been doing MFP for about 5 weeks now, first few weeks I lost nothing then around 22nd May I lost 4lbs! I have sinced gained 2lb the last two weeks.

I have checked around this time what has been different diet/exercise wise, On one of the days I ate in a 8 hour window, I have read about these diet boost if a few days a week you eat within a 8 hour period you will loose weight. It seemed to work, it is difficult to stick too, Im a slow loser, weight wise I have been on a calorie controlled diet for two years now lost around 18lb.

I am restricted to exercise and the amount and types i can do, Which don't help. But I can swim and I have vowed to swim once weekly for around an hour. Which is another 600 calorie deficit and my daily allowance it 1580.

I have over eaten a few hundred calories in the past week but not enough to gain 2lb (7000 cals)

Its just made me feel down I felt like I was on a roll, I have dropped a dress size recently which is cool, but I am worried I will end up back to square one, I need to keep myself in check.

Any advice/support guys?

Thanks
Jen x

P.s Also posted this topic in the Motivation Board

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It happens. Very normal. Just stick with it and you will see results!

Check out my thread from this morning to see swings of way more than 2 pounds in a week:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1019042-what-normal-daily-fluctuations-look-like
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Its probably sodium. It happens to me every weekend.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    where are you in your hormone cycle?
    i put on up to 8 pounds of bloating with pmt.
    drops off straight after my period.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It could be hormone related has I do gain water when near that time. Thanks for your support guys
  • finnsgma
    finnsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have decided to only weigh myself every three weeks, that way, I have consistently seen a loss.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If 1580 is what MFP has you set to eat you're supposed to net it. Are you eating back your exercise calories or just eating the 1580?
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    On the days I swim I've been known to eat 200 calories more from burning 600 calories so -400 exercising

- 306 daily burn alone can equal to -706 on this day if I eat 200 more if not -906 on these days.

MFP calories 1580 consumed daily
    RMR = 1694 cal daily ( My Resting metabolc rate)
    BMR = 1711 cal (Basal metabolic rate)

TDEE = No excercise Burn 2053 calories daily
    = Light excercise 2353 calories daily