do you have 'people pleaser' issues?

Options
2»

Replies

• AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh this is totally me. It stresses me out if I don't make a good first impression, I need to be well liked, if I'm not it bothers me.

I was also raised to be extremely polite and somewhat selfless. Its a bad thing because I become passive aggressive. As I think others will return the favours in the future, and when they don't and keep demanding things from me, I eventually snap. And as others mentioned above, people are very surprised when i do snap as they had no idea they were bothering me.

its a problem lol
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I've always had a problem with worrying and ulcers. Recently though, I've noticed when I start stressing about stuff, and people, I just feel generally terrible.

For example. Big family vacation coming up on Friday, multiple families car pooling. And today I all the sudden noticed I just started feeling like crap and realized it's because I'm worried about people getting upset on the vacation.

Even to me it's completely silly and dumb. But I guess I still worry! idk!
    it's not dumb.
    making yourself ill fretting over their happiness is no more dumb than depression.
    you can see from this thread that other decent, intelligent people have similar issues.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The only people I need to please are me & my own. My wife will always worry about what other people think & it drives me sane! If people don't like me that's their problem. I won't go out of my way to be a richard, & I'm very tolerant, but only up to a point.

If you try to please everyone, you will never succeed.