About Time Whey Protein opinion

Options
M30834134
M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
I just found out about About Time Whey Protein: 25g of protein and only 100 calories - no carbs, no fats. For those that used it, care to share your opinion?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    It's just a whey protien. Flavours aren't great... Not very strong.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Whey protein isolate or concentrate?
  • reginaduran2015
    reginaduran2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can this be used as a meal replacement and how many times a day? And what if I don't work out much? I do squats and walk around the store almost daily but that's about it...
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Can this be used as a meal replacement and how many times a day? And what if I don't work out much? I do squats and walk around the store almost daily but that's about it...

Protein does one job and ONLY one job.... repairs and rebuilds tissue.
  • M30834134
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

Whey
  • M30834134
    Options

Using protein shakes as snacks is ok, in my opinion, but as a full meal replacement - not so much. If you are on the run or in a pinch, maybe.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »

Whey

but what kind of Whey? Isolate or concentrate?
    25g for 100cal sounds like an isolate. Good numbers...
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Whey concentrate, whey isolate, or whey hydrosolyte? They're all whey man, just processed to different degrees.
  • M30834134
    Options
    Whey concentrate, whey isolate, or whey hydrosolyte? They're all whey man, just processed to different degrees.

Whey Protein Isolate
  • knkirk80
    knkirk80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few different flavors, and I agree about them not being that strong. I usually add fruit to the mix, but on its own it is pretty bland. The most recent one I bought was the Birthday Cake, and I had high hopes, but it's a watered down vanilla at best. The chocolate and PB are pretty good though. I will continue to buy them because I like that they are sweetened with stevia, and I haven't found another one with the same calorie/protein numbers.
  • M30834134
    Options
    kkfindsfit wrote: »
    I've tried a few different flavors, and I agree about them not being that strong. I usually add fruit to the mix, but on its own it is pretty bland. The most recent one I bought was the Birthday Cake, and I had high hopes, but it's a watered down vanilla at best. The chocolate and PB are pretty good though. I will continue to buy them because I like that they are sweetened with stevia, and I haven't found another one with the same calorie/protein numbers.

Excellent! I purchased their tester packs - one of each flavor. I too going for their no additive and all natural ingredients (all 5 of them) - 100 cals for 25 g of protein is superb
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's just a whey protien. Flavours aren't great... Not very strong.

This ^^^^^^
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

It does matter! I avoid whey concentrate, as it does not agree with my stomach.
    However, isolate and casein are fine

• M30834134
    Options
    So, I've tried all flavors of About Time protein shakes and they all very very light on the taste, very bland - a lot lighter than all other protein powders I've tried.

Cinnamon Swirl flavor has some kind of chemical aftertaste and was gross to drink.
    Birthday Cake flavor is simply a reduced flavor of already light Vanilla.

The only one that was OK is Chocolate - maybe because that all About Time flavors are very light and chocolate usually has more flavor than other variations.

So, considering the higher price of About Time protein, I think I'm going to stick with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard and maybe consider About Time when I'm going to be really tight on available calories.

For those that don't have many calories to go around, About Time might be a good supplement
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Protein does one job and ONLY one job.... repairs and rebuilds tissue.

It does have another job.... it keeps most people fuller for longer periods of time.