Just a girl from the Midwest, looking for others sharing the same journey.

Options
vespiquenn
vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
Well let's see. I am a twenty-five year old elementary art teacher. I realistically never thought I would be introducing myself as a teacher, due to so few jobs, but I am excited and stressed as ever. Especially now finding that I have a new job working in a bigger city than this year.

I had originally started on here about three years ago. However, after two messy breakups, I found myself stressed out and over eating. I can't say that I have ever been horribly overweight, but enough to make me feel uncomfortable. I just want to positively lose the weight and keep it off. Especially now that I am getting ready to move forward with my career as well as begin wedding dress shopping.

I would just love some new friends to just talk to and also support. I have been noticing that my news feed has been slowly becoming lonely, especially as I weed out those who are inactive.

Some other things that I am interested in is art (obviously), video games (I like to consider myself quite a nerd), reading, hiking, and so on and so forth.

Would love to meet new people!

Replies

• kastephens11
    kastephens11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We have a few things in common! I'm from the midwest and currently going to college to be an elementary school teacher! (last year!) I'm always looking for new friends so feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • lyssfiggs
    lyssfiggs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am from the midwest as well. Feel free to add me!
  • staci3377
    staci3377 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the Midwest! I'm not a teacher, but I have kids. :) I'll send a request, as I could use some MFP friends.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Added you both. :)
  • norush52
    norush52 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from the North West pf England. Not a teacher, male and much older than you, trying to lose weight also.plus I'm a fella.