What's the best Fitbit or other similar device?

Options
Thinking of purchasing a Fitbit or other similar device, any recommendations?

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What activities do you do? What data points are you looking to track?

Without that basic information (and sadly, even with it) all you'll get is the "I have a/an (insert device here) and I love it" series of posts.
  • crazynutter7
    crazynutter7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Any activity really but especially biking, jogging, cross-trainer and some classes, such as pump.
  • julesfelder
    julesfelder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think anything with a hear rate monitor is best. I use the Charge HR. I've heard the Surge is amazing! I may upgrade later in the year if I keep using it as much as I do! I'm pretty addicted to it! It really helps motivate me to be much more active, and I love being able to log my HR, my miles, calories burned, etc... Good Luck! If you end up getting one, add me: Julesfelder Happy Health! x
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I use polar, and yes I love it. I like the options that they give you. I have the V800, but they have some for less, the loop, A300, and M400. Here's a site with reviews on most activity monitors. And another site where you can compare different models, all depends on your activities, and what you want to get out of it.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/activity-monitors

http://www.heartratemonitors.com/hr-monitors-main.html
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I have two devices! They both work well. One is newer and I can read text messages ands screen calls. Convenient. If you get lots of text msgs that was good. Some calls I will stop for, some not.

I have a Polar HRM. Durable basic. Garmin VivioSmart. Durable and you can wear it in the shower so no panic there.

Now a year and a half into fitness...

I don't need or wear either one. It was a good thing to get me involved with monitoring my own body, take ownership if you will

The Fit Bit HR is popular with the cool kids in the office.

I like techno toys. A bike GPS energy burn watch will draw me in eventually, maybe...

There are always cool gizmos.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Any activity really but especially biking, jogging, cross-trainer and some classes, such as pump.

There is no single device that'll help, but you really need to be clear on what you want to gain from the device, or collection of devices.

As upthread, these questions generally just generate lots of uncritical recommendations of what people have as it's frequently the only device they have experience of.

Personally I run and cycle long distances, so what I use is unlikely to suit you.

So what do you want to achieve, and what sort of budget have you?
  • crazynutter7
    crazynutter7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments guys, brill x