SIT UPS

Options
how long does it take doing sit ups before you can see any change?

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I think that's pretty subjective.

Try the 200 sit ups challenge?! google 200 sit ups challenge and take a gander, there are other challenges on there you can do to. I don't do sit ups, but I do zumba and body pump and have noticed I'm getting what seems to be the outline of abs! I've been doin zumba about 5 months and body pump about 2.
  • rayrai
    rayrai Posts: 1
    Options
    FOREVER, ONLY A STRONG SMART DIET PLAN WITH CONTINOUS CARDIO WORKOUT WILL SHOW YOU THE RESULTS YOU WANT. EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE TO THE MAXIMUM POTENTIAL YOU HAVE AND YOU WILL BE VERY DELIGHTED IN NO TIME. YOUR BEST FRIEND IS THE MIRROR NOT THE SCALE-GOOD LUCK
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Honestly, sit ups can help pull in your waist some (and they're *incredibly important* for your core strength, keeping a healthy back, etc.) but sit ups are not going to make you lose pounds. Sit ups should be paired with a healthy diet, good cardio and patience. But also don't forget to do other ab workouts! You'll need a lot of variety ... and it's fun to change it up :smile:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sit ups really aren't the magic answer and they don't just "start working." If you're doing them and getting sore, they are doing what they were intended to do- strengthen your core. Strengthening your core builds muscle and the more muscle you have the more effectively you burn fat. The more effectively you burn fat the faster you lose weight (provided you're maintaining a healthy/balanced diet) and the faster you lose weight the sooner those abs you're longing for will show up.

Keep working your core, exercising and eating well and those abs will appear. It may be later rather than sooner but only lipo will get them here as quickly as we all wish they'd surface. :bigsmile:

Good luck to you!!

:drinker: