seriously frustrated

I have been motivated for some time and now i feel like I have hit a brick wall. Which I knew was going to happen. It was just a matter of when. Okay so to get past this frustration is proving to be more difficult than I thought. I have been working out to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for 23 days now. I have been doing level 1 and 2 for about 8 days now. And the frustration set in this morning when I got on the scale and checked all my weight chart and realized that I have lost only 2 pounds in the 23 days. It was a struggle to workout this morning after learning this fact. I could use some advise, suggestions, thoughts. I am pretty strick on my diet... but I am start to think maybe not. I am not sure what to do. All I know is I have to keep keeping on...

Replies

• dkhuff1
    dkhuff1 Posts: 67 Member
    You may be retaining water from all of that working out. How are your clothes fitting? I worked out with a trainer 2x/ week and on my own so that I was Working out 6 days a week doing really hard workouts. After 1 month I lost 3 pounds. But we took my measurements before we starred and did body fat analysis using calipers before we started and at 1 month. I lost 12 inches and 5% of my body fat in 4 weeks. I was down almost 2 dress sizes. So my lesson from that is that the scale is just one measurement and the one that means the least to me. WE just use it cause it's easy ot measure. I recommend you combine the scale with measurements and body fat analysis if you are able. Then you will have a better guide of how you are doing.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Exercise is good for you. But managing your food intake is what really makes the difference in reducing body fat.

And stop relying on the scale as your measure of progress - it's not helpful when it demotivates you like this. Check your inches by trying on something from your wardrobe that's always been a bit tight and see whether there's any difference.
  • I have been motivated for some time and now i feel like I have hit a brick wall. Which I knew was going to happen. It was just a matter of when. Okay so to get past this frustration is proving to be more difficult than I thought. I have been working out to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for 23 days now. I have been doing level 1 and 2 for about 8 days now. And the frustration set in this morning when I got on the scale and checked all my weight chart and realized that I have lost only 2 pounds in the 23 days. It was a struggle to workout this morning after learning this fact. I could use some advise, suggestions, thoughts. I am pretty strick on my diet... but I am start to think maybe not. I am not sure what to do. All I know is I have to keep keeping on...

DO NOT LET THE SCALE RULE YOUR LIFE. How do you feel? Has your energy and mood improved? Are you in this for a quick fix or for life? There are so many reasons/factors that could contribute to only seeing a 2 lb loss...too many to list. So you have to trust the process. TRUST that with continued HARD WORK and DETERMINATION you WILL LOSE EVERY undesirable pound. It takes time, and sometimes its better to measure yourself or skip the scale altogether and just go by how your clothes fit. HUGS
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    I agree it can be water. If you work out hard your muscles will retain water to repair them. Also those workouts are good strengthening so you may be gaining muscle. Id measure yourself instead of weighing.
  • hide the scale for a while, pull out the measuring tape. that's a better indicator of your progress
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    I'm the same as you i've worked so hard this past month yet the scales are stuck :( however the strapless bra i bought 2 weeks ago for a wedding no longer stays up so i know i'm doing something right.