25 days in & only down 5lbs...what's wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Obvs you're doing something right.

Seriously tho, how much weight did you expect to lose in 25 days? Did you gain all the weight in 25 days?
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    As others have said, 5 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks is just fine.
    Be patient and you will get to your goal. The closer you get to that the loss gets slower.
    Speaking from experience, lol, the last 20 lbs I was only losing about .30 lb a week.
    But I was not in a huge hurry. Everybody goes at this journey in different ways.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    tharris916 wrote:
    I've been using this app for 25 days and for the longest time I thought my brand new scale was broken,
    but it's not. I'm staying within &/or under my calorie count & expected the fat just to melt off.
    ... I weighed in today & I lost 2.7 lbs for a total of 5 lbs. What am I doing wrong??
    The only thing wrong is your expectations.
    This.
    How long did it take you to get fat? Probably wasn't 1 month, was it?
    Patience and consistency will do a lot for you.
    5 lb in a month is pretty good, esp. when you're only starting out aiming for 50 lb.
    You're 10% of the way there. Why are you upset about that?
  • tharris916
    tharris916 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Obvs you're doing something right.

Seriously tho, how much weight did you expect to lose in 25 days? Did you gain all the weight in 25 days?

• tharris916
    Options
    True I did not. I dunno I had unrealistic goals in my head. The feed back I'm getting is great, I want to do this the healthy way to where I loose it & keep it off. I'm working too hard to have it all come back and bring a few friends lol
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Get that unrealistic marketing drivel out of your head. Those massive losses only lead to massive gains. Think of it in terms of making healthy choices - the weight loss is a positive result of logging your calories and training your body.
  • tharris916
    Options
    Caitwn - thanks for the support & you are absolutely right about BS marketing. I will never be a Victoria's Secret angel and don't want to be. I like my curves, but just want less if them. It's the good old fashioned way for me. Eat right & exercise