Pre workout drink that's really good? And taste good!

13»

Replies

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    But in my opinion C4 by Celucor are the best tasting pre workout sups.

C4 is basically flavoured caffeine.

A whole lot of caffeine.

The main active ingredients are Beta Alanine, Creatine and Arginine AKG. The amount of caffeine in C4 is less than in a 12 oz. cup of Starbucks (although it's a more potent variety).
  • KCastilleja88
    KCastilleja88 Posts: 4 Member
    If im tired I usually drink advocare Spark. Not everyday but when I need it. I also hear beet juice before a workout. I tend to stay away from the pre workout supplements.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    But in my opinion C4 by Celucor are the best tasting pre workout sups.

C4 is basically flavoured caffeine.

A whole lot of caffeine.

The main active ingredients are Beta Alanine, Creatine and Arginine AKG. The amount of caffeine in C4 is less than in a 12 oz. cup of Starbucks (although it's a more potent variety).

The main ingredient is caffeine.

The rest is broscience window dressing.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2015
    Nevermind..
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Thank you to those who were actually helpful and "actually" answered my question.

Figure out what is wrong with your nutrition and sleep habits instead of looking at that stuff.

This is not a smart a $$ answer. It's looking to get to the root cause of your issue.
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    during the week normally just water before a weights workout, on the weekends when I can afford to stay up later I drink cold press before a workout. i'm pretty sensitive to caffeine so I avoid it during the work week. i have a post workout protein shake if i am lacking on calories/protein, but skip it if i met all of my goals during the day. for any type of cardio it's just water.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    6cjpgq0y358d.jpg
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    MasterVal wrote: »
    6cjpgq0y358d.jpg

Two wrongs make a right, bros.
    ;)
  • liz4440
    liz4440 Posts: 15 Member
    If it helps what is wrong with it? That is my point. I say judgmental because I feel everyone's needs are different and if this helps the OP enhance his workout, if it gives him that extra push to do one more set, why tell him that's not the correct way to go...
  • JocelynDeshane
    JocelynDeshane Posts: 109 Member
    liz4440 wrote: »
    Pre...my guess is to give you energy. . Post..to help you recover...lots of body builders drink post workout drinks...lots of protein. I for one drink a pre workout drink because I work at night and when i get off work I'm beat...the pre work out gives me quick energy so I can go and have a decent workout

This site is honestly beginning to be like a joke it's suppose to be whether feel comfortable to get advice and ask questions but you're correct everyone just hops on people's butt and judges all I did was ask a question and people freak out like jeez.

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Pre...my guess is to give you energy. . Post..to help you recover...lots of body builders drink post workout drinks...lots of protein. I for one drink a pre workout drink because I work at night and when i get off work I'm beat...the pre work out gives me quick energy so I can go and have a decent workout

This site is honestly beginning to be like a joke it's suppose to be whether feel comfortable to get advice and ask questions but you're correct everyone just hops on people's butt and judges all I did was ask a question and people freak out like jeez.

i think you're over reacting a bit. people just wanted to know if you're considering pre-workout and post-workout drinks for the right reasons. and also to let you know that those drinks serve a purpose, other than just fashionable fitness status updates.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited June 2015

And yet you *still* haven't explained what specifically you're asking for.

Are you looking for an "energy" buzz?

Do you have specific nutrient needs you need to take care of?

Concerned about hydration levels?

You just want a placebo?

What?

What specifically are you trying to accomplish? Because each of those has a different answer, and for all your complaining, you've provided zero details on what you're actually wanting to do.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member

OP, I know I said C4... but people are just asking questions and you're taking it the wrong way completely. They're asking why you want it, what you want it for etc, @Mr_Knight is not being sarcastic or attacking you at all.

Srs, pre workout is really not a necessary supplement. I only take it when I'm pretty low on energy, which isn't often.
    I reckon a 30 serving tub will probably last me 4 or 6 months.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member

It will pass with age - not everyone against you, they are not out to get you, they do understand, they dont judge.
  • Andrealorren
    Andrealorren Posts: 17 Member
    I love beach body's E&E!! But I've heard C4 is just as good :) post work out, I buy that huge bag of whey protein from SAMs club (vanilla) cause you blend anything in with it banana etc. and it tastes great
  • ladyloaf
    ladyloaf Posts: 1 Member
    Alphamine
  • syndeo
    syndeo Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2015
    Pre-workout: water. Post workout: Water + Banana.
    If I'm prepping for race, or I am training in the heat, 0 cal electrolyte drink before/during.

In general, anything less then 90 minutes doesn't require energy during the training, nor any special recovery after unless you are doing a lot of training. Think fairly competitive endurance level marathon/ironman stuff.