We have to make life style changes.

bobbib52bb
bobbib52bb Posts: 1 Member
Started working on eating healther not dieting. I've done it all. Diets , bariatric surgery . nothing works for ever. So make the changes one at a time , develop new habits with exercise and keep my head in the game. When I went for anual physical Dr says stress and too much cortissl.

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Many of us have tried but not stuck to anything

In all fairness to a variety of diet plans, they failed because I quit and did not follow them.

Best wishes on making this the final try that sticks!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Quick fixes never work long term. You have the right idea now. Before anything, you need to find the reason you want get healthy. List the reasons why. Next, have a solid plan in place that fits into your daily schedule. Stick to the 3 keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Finally, be consistent. Everyday matters. You can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    This is exactly what I'm working on, lifestyle changes. I enjoy cooking and I've been working hard at keeping meals healthy while making them flavorful. When someone comments that I've lost weight and asks if I'm dieting, my response it no I'm not dieting, I'm changing the way we eat. It's also a great incentive when my husband says things like, every time you make something new, I like it better than the last new dish you made. I'm also fortunate that he also likes to cook and has become more aware of fat, sugar and sodium in dishes he prepares.