Hoping the way I've lost weight & gotten healthy will help you

Options
In the past 3 months I've lost 14 lbs. With the help of an eating disorder therapist, nutritionist and exercise tips I've researched, this is what I've been doing: no alcohol, at least 1 hour of exercise daily, when I know I will be sitting for awhile I set a timer and get up and move every 30 min., no sugar after dinner, all meals have 1 protein, 1 fruit and 1 vegt. serving, after dinner only one serving of protein.

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You mean well, but this is quite generic. How much is a serving of protein, fruit, vegetable, etc? Is 8 oz of chicken breast as good as 8 oz of beef? Does the gender of the person matter? Is 1 hour of cardio as good as 1 hour of resistance?

Determining the calorie goal and deficit that is appropriate for each individual, and eating a variety of foods that give good nutritional balance is a more actionable plan.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work!
  • Anna334
    Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like tip of setting the timer and moving after 30 min because sometimes you get on the computer and can lose track of the time. All Great tips!

• itmeansflower
    itmeansflower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anna334 wrote: »
    I like tip of setting the timer and moving after 30 min because sometimes you get on the computer and can lose track of the time. All Great tips!
    So true! I've done the timer thing too, and it definitely gets you up and off the sofa!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    This belongs in the helpful tips post.

Most of this is not necessary. Especially the one serving of protein after dinner... why? What if you are short on protein and calories? Why an hour of exercise every day? What about recovery days?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Wonderful for finding things that work well for you!

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    The diet is the one you can stick to. If it helps you lose weight.....keep at it.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Glad you are paying close attention to your body and what works.

As time goes by that may change.

Keep at it and learn all you can. There are so many great ideas on weight loss, body recomposiition, and healthy living here.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Theres more than one way to do things.

Glad that is working for you.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What does sugar after dinner do? Why only "1 protein" (idk what that even means) after dinner?
  • Ri55
    Ri55 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey! you get up every 30min and do what? Like walk/jog for a while?or do something more intense...Just curious because I am going to try doing this..It seems to be a great idea... :)