help???trying to lost 50 lbs by october any suggestions advice im female 22 and i weigh 196...5"3

Options

Replies

• hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get enough protein every day, and have a good exercise program so you don't lose muscle. That way you can maintain your weight loss after all your hard work. Good luck and keep going!
  • jazmin8a
    jazmin8a Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thats a pretty aggressive goal.

its taken me 6 months to lose 50 pounds.

Do you mind telling how were your ablr to lose that in 6 mnths?sorry just need some advice
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jazmin8a wrote: »

Do you mind telling how were your ablr to lose that in 6 mnths?sorry just need some advice

Well you didn't ask me but I lost 54lbs...it took me from June 2014 to Feb 2015 (247 days) to hit my 48lb target ..the rest slipped off trying to find maintenance

Did it by Calories in < calories out to lose the weight ...no fads, gimmicks, complications..started faster and slowed it down to 0.5lbs a week after about 4 months

Walked more (got a fitbit)

Progressive training programme 3x a week got my body tight and rocking

It works, don't complicate it
  • Ri55
    Ri55 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I would also like to know...!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    help???trying to lost 50 lbs by october any suggestions advice im female 22 and i weigh 196...5"3

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. So in 4 months you could lose 15 lbs.—not 50. But you can keep going & lose the rest after your birthday.

You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn—period. I'm 5'2", and the advice in the Sexypants post worked for me: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

It'll take trial & error to find what works for you. Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Logging works.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Too aggressive for most mere mortals.

I took the lazy way and took 3+ years to lose 54.

20 to 25 should be attainable by then for most folks.
  • filzakadri123
    filzakadri123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I'm trying to loose 44 pounds by October also weigh 196. I knw strength training should help slim down.
  • Dispatch_Queen
    Dispatch_Queen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 lbs in 5 months using 1200 calorie diet and I have made working out part of my daily ritual. Cardio is my best friend! I have never been healthier or felt better. I can honestly say Short of surgery, I have tried every "Lose weight and feel great" pill, plan, or gimmick out there. Every time I would get about 3 weeks in and get very sick. I have been going strong now for 5 months and still have a lot more to lose. But I love the new me!
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Deadlines are not something that should be done with weight loss, It's a difficult enough journey day-to-day, and there are going to be fluctuations.

Just stick to a plan, be consistent, and take it as it comes. Be patient. You can't put a deadline on weight loss.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Deadlines are not something that should be done with weight loss, It's a difficult enough journey day-to-day, and there are going to be fluctuations.

Just stick to a plan, be consistent, and take it as it comes. Be patient. You can't put a deadline on weight loss.

+1

I set number goals but I dont beat myself up if I don't reach them. I am more focused on creating a lifestyle change and reaching personal health related goals each day compared to fixating on losing a certain amount too quickly! I would say to stay focused on creating a healthier lifestyle and you'll feel better about yourself no matter what the scales say! I am probably 70 pounds from my goal weight right now but I feel so much happier and confident in myself as I am now!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Too aggressive for most mere mortals.

I took the lazy way and took 3+ years to lose 54.

20 to 25 should be attainable by then for most folks.

This way is not lazy.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i too have a loss of 50 lbs as my goal but i have set xMas as my goal and even that might be unrealistic. i also do 1200cal/day.

personally i would try to change your goal just a bit to something a little more attainable.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2-5'3, and down from 204 in April and down to about 188. I divided by the number of weeks (9) and my average is 1.75 lbs per week or so (over time). I have only set it to 1 lb a week but losing more so I've been feeling a bit spoiled with my loss! I am hoping to be down another 18 lbs or so by my bday mid December.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'd hoped to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year, but it's not looking good, lol.

My advice is to stick with it, but don't lose hope if you can't accomplish that goal. Any loss is progress!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    The process is just as important as the result.

You've lost 20lbs in a month? 10% of your body weight in one month? Do you know what % of that was fat? What % of that was muscle or water?

What deficit were you eating at? How much protein are you eating? Are you aware that losing more than 1.5% bodyweight a week substantially increases your chance of losing more lean mass. That as you get lighter this may become as low as 0.7%. And that these %s assume you are activily taking measures to limit non fat mass loss? Are you?

Do you have a plan as to how you're going to eat and move during the next five years?

Or are you only concentrating on reaching a target weight by your birthday?
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    BTW, good job on what you've done so far! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not going to happen. Additionally, giving yourself a timeframe when you're expecting to lose it by, is setting yourself up for failure.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

eating less
    moving more

• LizaJo65
    LizaJo65 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 196 and same as you need to lose 50. I'd love to do it for October but am going for October 2016. if you think about it how long did it took you to put it on it makes sense it's going to take a long time to get it off. You are also changing the way you eat and live forever and that will take a long time. You can and you will keep going