I've Been Hiding in the Background for Two Weeks on MFP

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Lawrence and I've been tracking on MFP for two weeks now. You may not have known I was there but I've been hiding in the background, reading your posts on the message boards and using them for motivation to keep moving toward my goal.

I've got about 48lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 180 and I'm doing my best to stay motivated with MFP. So far it's been a great two weeks: I've been working out consistently and eat much better while keeping track of it all. I switched over to MFP after paying for a "point tracking" weight loss alternative for over a year without really keeping to it. I've enjoyed MFP much better because it shows me all of what I'm eating and not just the "points" that something has.

I'm trying this because I want to be able to look back a year from now and say that I've changed not just how I look and feel, but how I live my life as well.

All that being said, thank you for your posts and for the encouragement they've provided me already! I'm going to try and start posting and offering encouragement back to keep both you and me motivated!

Thanks again!

Replies

• FauxBoho
    FauxBoho Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Lawrence,

I'm new too! I'm excited to lose weight and finally be happy with myself :)

I will add you as a friend :)
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Lawrence,

I've been here about 2 weeks as well and love to offer support and encouragement.
    Don't hide in the background anymore! Enjoy the support & share it with some friends :-D
    Sending you a friend request.

Good luck!
  • cristinagourri
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am also new and looking for weight loss buddies to keep me on track. I have been on for about a month, but after recently visiting a weight loss center for help, I got the extra nudge I needed to be more persistent with my tracking. So far so good. I've been logging on daily for the last week. My goal is to eat 1200 calories per day per my dietitian. Some days are hard some days are not so bad. Let's motivate each other. Looking forward to meeting new friends here!

Be happy and be healthy!

-Cristina =)