Fitbit and pushing a heavy wheelchair

Options
tazjosh
tazjosh Posts: 88 Member
hi I just wondered as I'm not sure which Fitbit to buy, I really need it to go round my ankle for work most of the time. But that's 9inch ( my wrist is 6) so I don't know wat size to buy. I can't have it on my wrist at work and do a lot of cleaning at home too. I was going to get a Fitbit one so I can just wear it on my bra but sometimes I'm pushing a wheel chair that's heavy for long distances at work and I don't think it will accurately know my calories burned without a heart rate part so as not to just count as steps ( so maybe I need a Fitbit hr charge) but then I would have to wear it on my wrist and it's a lot dearer . Any ideas?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Get the Fitbit that will most accurately count your steps. The more you wear it, the more accurate the calorie burn will be. The ones with the HRM aren't really any more accurate for overall daily burn, just for actual workout burn. If you can't wear it on your wrist, go for the One.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Do not get a Fitbit that designed to be worn around your wrist, then wear it in your ankle. Get a Fitbit that's designed to be clipped to your clothes or slipped in your pocket. Or get one of the others and wear it on your wrist as intended.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Do not get a Fitbit that designed to be worn around your wrist, then wear it in your ankle. Get a Fitbit that's designed to be clipped to your clothes or slipped in your pocket. Or get one of the others and wear it on your wrist as intended.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Do you get paid for sending every single person who asks about a Fitbit to the group?

• tazjosh
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Get the Fitbit that will most accurately count your steps. The more you wear it, the more accurate the calorie burn will be. The ones with the HRM aren't really any more accurate for overall daily burn, just for actual workout burn. If you can't wear it on your wrist, go for the One.

Thanks
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    [Do you get paid for sending every single person who asks about a Fitbit to the [Fitbit Users] group?

No—I've just learned a lot from the group. And it's impossible to search for groups.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    [Do you get paid for sending every single person who asks about a Fitbit to the [Fitbit Users] group?

No—I've just learned a lot from the group. And it's impossible to search for groups.

Yes, Editorgrrl is one of the gems of MFP. Someone who has benefitted from MFP and takes every opportunity to help others and give back to the community. I respect her a lot.
  • kayatahente
    kayatahente Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Fitbit Charge HR the other day. I liked it for motivation but I feel that it doesn't track steps 100% accurately. I took it back because it was a lot of money ($180+tax) and it doesn't seem worth it to me. I think MyFitnessPal is just as easy to stay on task to be honest! But it depends on the person! Try it out :) you may like it!
  • tazjosh
    Options
    I just bought a Fitbit Charge HR the other day. I liked it for motivation but I feel that it doesn't track steps 100% accurately. I took it back because it was a lot of money ($180+tax) and it doesn't seem worth it to me. I think MyFitnessPal is just as easy to stay on task to be honest! But it depends on the person! Try it out :) you may like it!

Thanks bunny I'm thinking the same it's probably a waist of money as it won't really log what I do as I don't do any exercise as such I just have a busy life. I guess I just need to find the right calorie level for me on here :)
  • tazjosh
    Options
    tazjosh wrote: »

Thanks bunny I'm thinking the same it's probably a waist of money as it won't really log what I do as I don't do any exercise as such I just have a busy life. I guess I just need to find the right calorie level for me on here :)

Meant hunny not bunny!!!!!! Haha