Cravings

Options
So yesterday I went a little overboard with exercise. Anyway- to keep this short, it ended up giving me HUGE INTENSE cravings.. I was not prepared to deal with them at all, and I gave in. I'm curious; what do you do to help control cravings so you can continue to be successful?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Have some of what you are craving. It is okay to do that. really.

Especially when you have all of those lovely exercise calories. Sometimes when I have had an intense period of exercise, like a weekend aikido seminar (8 hours of training over 3 days), even though I have been eating higher calories all weekend in order to have the energy for it, I have a couple of days of my body demanding more food. So I change my calorie goal to a smaller deficit for a few days and eat more. Okay so maybe it slows down my weight loss a little. Usually it doesn't. But so what. I a still on the right track and loosing weight is not a race.

Edit to add: Looking at your diary I don't see any reason you need to be so worried. You ate back some exercise calories, like you should. Your food choices look amazing. You still ended the day way under goal. You did exactly what you should be doing.

Keep up the good work!
  • tallstuff81
    tallstuff81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really appreciate that! That's really good advice, I'll keep that in mind for next time as well