"Healthy" fast food options?

2»

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    McDonald's SW Grilled chicken salad for the win. It's rather high in sodium with the dressing, but it's delicious. I eat this about once a week.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Crunchy fresco chicken tacos from Taco Bell.

Chipotle salad bowl.

Rosas cafe chicken crunchy tacos.

Teriyaki chicken breast and mixed vegies from Panda Express.
  • naivivf
    naivivf Posts: 4
    Einstein's Bagels Chipotle Chicken salad, only 254 calories
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Wendy's chili and a potato was a favorite dinner for me when I was pregnant! But now I am a freak about not eating out. It just helps me to pack my own food, or drink coffee and milk until I get home, or stop and buy fruit to hold me over. It saves a TON of money. I also precook my protein every couple of days so if I do get stuck, as soon as I get home, I can eat protein and throw together a salad.
  • shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    You know before I finished reading your post I thought to myself " a Wendy's small chili with a baked potatoe!" Isn't that funny!

That is really funny! It's a delicious meal!
  • shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for all of the replies! All of these foods sound yummy! I am also a fan of Subway and the fresco menu at Taco Bell!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    go to a grocery store and buy deli meat, fruit and veggies. you never only have the option to eat fast food, don't like to yourself.

if you are that separate, eat Subway.

and to the person who claims veggie pizza is healthy, not even close. sory, i don't care how many vegetables you put on it, the base is still a bunch of flour you don't need to eat.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    I had a french dip at arby's last night (running late from the gym) and the sandwich was 450 cals... had a bunch of protien... left me room for an after dinner snack :)
  • ECos81
    ECos81 Posts: 25 Member
    My go-to's are:

- a Subway 6" veggie on wheat, 2 cheese triangles, with mustard and vinegar. Load those veggies on!

- McDonalds grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, no fries.

-Chipolte chicken bowl, brown rice, veggies, salsa. No sour cream or cheese.
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    McDonald's Premium grilled chicken sweet-spicy chili wrap 360 calories.

this. I have had too many since I changed eating habits, just have to watch out for their sodium
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    I am always trying to figure a good protein to calorie ratio when I eat fast food. Taste, protein, and calories are important.

The Wendy's Double Stack wins hands down with 400 calories for 27 grams of protein. It wins because it is a burger.

Second place goes to the McDonald's Southwest salad with grilled chicken, without the salad dressing, which is 290 calories for 27 grams of protein. Because I don't like this salad without the salad dressing, it comes in second place. Also it loses because it is not a burger. For this reason, I tend to go with the third option if at a McDonald's, which is the McDouble, which is 390 calories and 23 grams of protein.

For my macro goals and my need for fats in my diet, the burger is almost always my better choice.

I don't eat fast food very often, but these items fit into my diet and macros with very little interruption.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Chipotle.

Everything else is inferior.

Well, except maybe Jimmy John's...

...and Five Guys...

...but that's it.

Oh, and In and Out Burger.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Grocery stores often have single ready made salads at the front of the store. That is my go-to option for that situation.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    I made a pact with myself 4 years ago that I wouldn't eat anywhere with a Drive Through.... While I've held mostly true to that, I will splurge on an In and Out Protein Style Double Meat No Cheese every once in a while (like once or twice a year). After not eating any of it for so long and cooking everything from scratch at home, you don't even want to see what happens to me when I get some fast food preservatives in my tummy.

I will do a Chipotle salad every once in a while too, but I have gone to their website and built my favorite concoction so I'm not surprised with how many calories I've just fed myself. Other than that I try to find a grocery store like many other folks have suggested.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    I always opt for anything low-carb, skip the fries etc if I can. I try not to eat fast food. Even if I do and end up getting a salad of sorts, half packet of the dressing is plenty for cutting out the calories. Always opt for full fat dressings instead of fat free dressings (if you look at the nutritional info, you'll see that it's only about 10 calories more and has 1-2 grams of carbs vs 20+ grams of carbs on the fat free version).

Reasons why I opt for low-carb:

1) Foods high in carbs are not very filling and are also calorie dense.
    2) Fat doesn't make you fat, excessive calories do.
    3) I find that eating bread or pasta usually gives me a stomach ache later.
  • AzL99
    AzL99 Posts: 10 Member
    Taco Bell Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos or Subway, 6" 9 Grain Honey Wheat, Turkey & Swiss with a crap ton of veggies, swiss cheese light mayo & mustard
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Subway Salad, or a lettuce wrapped sandwich from Jimmy Johns! The best =)
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    I try to plan ahead and pack something. Since I'm going to be in my car, I pack a yogurt, some peanut butter and a bunch of fruit. Saves money, it's healthy and its yummy :)
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Fruit. Pre packaged and you can even eat the wrapper.