40 Something Mothers

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started with this and I'm looking for like minded people to keep me motivated. I'm 44 and about 16lbs overweight. I have two girls 7 and 4 and with working full time find it hard to consistently work out. I frequently get all set to start but it falls apart on the first day when someone brings donuts in to work!

I could really benefit from someone reminding me to log and I'm happy to return the favour.

Replies

• joyful_mom
    joyful_mom Posts: 1 Member
    I'm right here with you, I'm 45 with 3 kids, I want to lose 30 pounds, But it's hard to carve out time for me and that drive thru window at Del Taco is so convenient lol but I'm determined to get my weight down so here I go :)
  • happygeri
    happygeri Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, 49 here, two girls 9 and 12, and 24 lbs to lose. This is my first time to join a community. So nice seeing other people attempting the same, having the same challenges. Maybe with everyone's support we will all be successful! So far, on my first day, I am craving pretty much the entire supermarket!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Hi ladies ~ I am 46 with 3 children (well, they are 26, 24 and 21) and need to loose appx 20 more pounds. Feel free to add me! I TRY to log everyday ~ I have had this horrible cold thing for a few weeks, but am back at it tomorrow!! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    joyful_mom wrote: »
    I'm right here with you, I'm 45 with 3 kids, I want to lose 30 pounds, But it's hard to carve out time for me and that drive thru window at Del Taco is so convenient lol but I'm determined to get my weight down so here I go :)

Pre log your days and food prep in the mornings. This CAN be done!
  • BritexpatBagpuss
    BritexpatBagpuss Posts: 9 Member
    I've found it helpful to do it the night before. If I leave it to chance the day before, I know I'll mess up, but if I know what I'm going to eat before I even start the day then, I can't find I don't have it.
  • ProudVetMom
    ProudVetMom Posts: 12 Member
    Hi :) I am 42, my kids are 18, 17, 16 (on 4th of July), and 8. I want to loose 57 pounds. I have lost 6 all ready. Exercise is hard for me other than walking. I am trying to get back into physical therapy but having a hard time with the VA. At this point, I am solely watching caloric intake. I signed up yesterday.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Hi! I am 44 and have two daughters - 19 and 8! I have about 54 more pounds to lose. I just recently purchased a Fitbit and that is helping me to remember to stay active, but I love food. I eat when I am sad, happy, whatever!