Sciatica Anyone?

Options
Is anyone else living with sciatica and trying to do this? Add me! We can use all the help and support we can get.

Replies

• slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes me !
    Will send friend req.
  • anaforeman
    anaforeman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, after giving birth via c-sect in March, mine has been terrible. Cupping massage seems to be the only thing that's helping me now.
  • mjenkins74mj
    mjenkins74mj Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had it for 6 months and eventually had surgery for a severly herniated disc.
    I still have a little pain and honestly the only exercise that doesn't bother me is walking. Even with that I can only walk so long before it acts up.
    It makes losing weight alot harder for me because I can't exercise like I want to.

Anyone that has it......You have my sympathy!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with a flare-up for the past 2-3 weeks. Still able to workout. There was a time when I could't lift plates at the gym...had to find machines with plates already loaded....
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I had sciatic issues for about a year and a half. Pain under my piriformis and tingling and numbness down my leg. I went to PT and they evaluated me has having an anterior pelvic tilt. My pelvis pushes forward at the time. Lots of hip flexor and IT band stretches plus core exercise have helped a lot. I'm mostly pain free now, though it can act up with certain movements.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes and Yes! I hurt my back while working as a nurse 32 years ago and have pain down my left side every night. The only time I had any relief was when I took oral prednisone for 5 days. I slept 12 hours straight the first night but it wore off after 10 days. The steroid shots did not work. Neither did PT. If you find anything that helps let me know! Good Luck to you!
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    Yes Yes and Yes! I hurt my back while working as a nurse 32 years ago and have pain down my left side every night. The only time I had any relief was when I took oral prednisone for 5 days. I slept 12 hours straight the first night but it wore off after 10 days. The steroid shots did not work. Neither did PT. If you find anything that helps let me know! Good Luck to you!
    Prednisone started working 10 minutes after my first dose. It did not last for long after the last dose. I was going to PT for probably 3 months before I noticed any kind of change.