anyone tried shakeology?

Options

Replies

• marirey82
    marirey82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I meant reading all these things on shakeology and seeing people with awesome results on ig....so maybe it's not for everyone....I decided to give my body a break from it. Thank you al for your response :wink:
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have never ever read one single good thing about it. Except you can make money selling it. I would do a lot of research on it..like you are doing by asking here. :)
  • natal94
    natal94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually really liked shakeology. It gave me the energy I needed to get through my work outs (I have hypothyroidism and a heart condition so that's not always easy) but it also made me crash afterward. The greenberry one is my favorite. However, it has gluten in it. I found out I have celiac and stopped eating gluten after that when I drank it it made my stomach upset
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    natal94 wrote: »
    I actually really liked shakeology. It gave me the energy I needed to get through my work outs (I have hypothyroidism and a heart condition so that's not always easy) but it also made me crash afterward. The greenberry one is my favorite. However, it has gluten in it. I found out I have celiac and stopped eating gluten after that when I drank it it made my stomach upset

I have Hypothyroidism and Ciliacs disease also. THyroid medication that is well controlled is what helps us feel better, and not the things in Shako. This is only a marketing scheme by the Beachbody company to get people to buy their product. Also, Shakeology does not have any ingredients that contain Gluten, however, it is manufactured in a plant where other Gluten products are made and therefore, they can't guarantee that "cross contamination" won't be an issue in some.
  • lcerana2015
    lcerana2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Shakeology, it has helped me to loose weight and get better control over my diabetes. and also helps control my appetite and has boost my energy level fivefold.
  • FitPhillygirl
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I love the Shakeology, it has helped me to loose weight and get better control over my diabetes. and also helps control my appetite and has boost my energy level fivefold.

Eating at a deficit is what helped you to lose weight and not Shako. How does it help you control your diabetes? :| The sugar and carbs that are in Shakology are rather high compared to a lot of other shakes on the market today.
  • natal94
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »

I have Hypothyroidism and Ciliacs disease also. THyroid medication that is well controlled is what helps us feel better, and not the things in Shako. This is only a marketing scheme by the Beachbody company to get people to buy their product. Also, Shakeology does not have any ingredients that contain Gluten, however, it is manufactured in a plant where other Gluten products are made and therefore, they can't guarantee that "cross contamination" won't be an issue in some.

It has ingredients that are natural nutrients that give you energy. It may be a marketing scheme in the fact that it's not worth what it costs but there's no denying that the ingredients will do good things for you and give you energy.
    As far as celiac goes I don't risk eating or drinking products that may have cross contamination. If you do, that's your own decision but I choose not to because it makes me sick if there is any cross contamination at all and spending that much money on a product that may make me sick isn't worth it to me.
  • natal94
    Options

It has ingredients that are natural nutrients that give you energy. It may be a marketing scheme in the fact that it's not worth what it costs but there's no denying that the ingredients will do good things for you and give you energy.
    As far as celiac goes I don't risk eating or drinking products that may have cross contamination. If you do, that's your own decision but I choose not to because it makes me sick if there is any cross contamination at all and spending that much money on a product that may make me sick isn't worth it to me.

Also, while thyroid medicine does help that. I couldn't get to my doctor for about a week for a higher prescription and shakeology did give me energy for that amount of time. It has natural energy boosters. Now do I think you can find sources of energy in other products or naturally? Yes. Do I think shakeology benefitted Me? Yes. Was it worth the investment? Probably not. But I had the extra money to spend and that didn't much matter to me at that time.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Eating food does good things for you and gives you energy.

The ingredients in Shakeology are also a marketing scheme. There is nothing in them that you can't get elsewhere, and in a better form. It's made from subpar crap that is put in a shiny package and pushed by enthusiastic salespeople. Nothing more.

There are plenty of people who are gluten free due to celiac's, and they do just fine with out Shakeology.
  • natal94
    Options
    I never said you couldn't find it elsewhere. I also never said its crucial for someone with celiac. I actually was saying the opposite. But to say it does nothing for you and is only a marketing scheme seems inaccurate to me because it does contain good ingredients. It is definitely a marketing scheme but it also has some value to it. May not be worth the price though
  • melissagreen2
    melissagreen2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample pack. I didn't like the taste.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options

A "good" daily multi vitamin will also give the same amount of energy as well. Don't need Shakeology for that.
  • natal94
    Options
    I totally agree. I never said you need it. Do I think it has some type of nutritional value, yes. But like I said its nothing you can't get from other products for a better price.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I totally agree. I never said you need it. Do I think it has some type of nutritional value, yes. But like I said its nothing you can't get from other products for a better price.

Then why even advocate for it on here? It is 100% not worth the price and buying it supports a crappy MLM-based company (although unfortunately I don't see BB going bankrupt any time soon, but I can dream).
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options

Then why even advocate for it on here? It is 100% not worth the price and buying it supports a crappy MLM-based company (although unfortunately I don't see BB going bankrupt any time soon, but I can dream).

I like Beachbody workouts so I really hope that they don't go bankrupt any time soon.
  • natal94
    Options

People like different things. I have to take about ten pills a day for medical reasons. I'd rather drink an overpriced shake than add another pill to that list. If you're looking to get some good nutrients, don't want to take a pill, like the taste, And the price isn't an issue for you, it won't hurt you. But if the price in any way IS an issuer, it's not smart to buy.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I like Beachbody workouts so I really hope that they don't go bankrupt any time soon.

Well you can get them all pretty much for free online nowadays anyway. :wink:
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options

Well you can get them all pretty much for free online nowadays anyway. :wink:

Not necessarily. I haven't see ALL of the ones I do online yet. Also, if they went bankrupt there would be no future workouts being done. So finding them online for free isn't going to help with that.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It made me a little queasy the first couple of days, but was fine after that. I liked it, but to each his own. It's not a magical cure for overeating or anything of the like, but for me it did help keep me full until lunch.