No longer underweight, now time to maintain my weight. (My story)

AsISmile
AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
Hello everybody,

My name Nika and I'm a 23 year old student.
About 3 years ago I unexpectedly started losing weight after I unconsiously stopped drinking soda. Since I was already quite light, and my weightloss was about 5% of my body mass, I tried gaining weight by eating larger portions and more snacks. That did not work out well.
I have irritable bowel syndrome which did not agree with me eating more. I ended up feeling sick all the time which resulted in losing even more weight. I ended up underweight.
After tracking calories and working with a dietitian I slowly started gaining weight. After two years I am finally back at my original weight.

So now my goal is maintaining my current weight :)

Everyone who has been through something similar, or just needs a friend, please add me. I don't know anyone here yet.

More about me:
Height: 178 cm (5' 10")
Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
Workouts: BodyCombat twice a week, Bodypump once a week. I want to add a trx class to my routine as well.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hi nika.i do not have a situation similar to your story but wanted to congratulate you on your success! Best of luck to you !
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    I think you have a wonderful story. I have never dealt with this type struggle before but I watched my dad deal with it. I know it's a battle. Congratulations!
  • AsISmile
    Thank you!
  • FairyGirl22
    FairyGirl22 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey Nika congrats on getting back to your original weight. I'm Kimberly and I just joined yesterday. I know how hard it can be to gain weight. I've struggled with it my whole life. I'm 4'11" and I weigh 74lbs which is about 20lbs underweight. I didn't even realize I had lost so much over the past 6 months with everything that's happened. I've always had a love hate relationship with food but the doctor I had growing up was never to concerned about my low weight she always just chalked it me being an active kid.
  • AsISmile
    I was underweight while growing up too untill I was about 16/17. I guess it doesn't have to be too bad while you are young. Unfortunatly in some cases it increases risks of developing certain diseases later in life...
    Good luck gaining weight. It can be really hard. For me the key was finding foods high on nutrients that weren't too filling.