What to do when raining?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    You wont melt.
    you never know
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Well if you're that commited to staying indoors you can do squats indoors. Find some stairwell in some tall building nearby and walk up and down the stairs.

You can do jumping jacks or jumprope in your house. You can do sit ups and planks. You can do yoga or pilates videos or any videos at all.

You can do video game exercise/dance stuff.

You can do leg lifts and stretches.

You can do youtube videos of arms workouts, or pretty much anything you can think of.

Finally, you can prancersize.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    I love running in the rain, but if it were lightening I would do this go to www.onlinestop-watch.com down select stop watch and do the floowing:

warm up for 4-5 minutes

then go into 20 second intervals with 10 second breaks between each one

Jumping jacks

squat punches

butt kicks

mini suicides " put objects on the floor like pillows , start at one and run to the other and back again bending down to touch each one.

Jump squats

An ab move of your choice like planks

* 30 to 45 second rest and repeat. 4 to 8 X
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    You can do side bends or sutups...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    You wont melt.
    you never know

Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Get on YouTube and do any at home workout you like the look of!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Search Youtube for how to do the Thriller Dance.
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Yeah it was lightning and raining pretty hard out but it passed quick and I went out on a bike ride
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Go play in the rain! It's fun, especially on a hot day.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yeah it was lightning and raining pretty hard out but it passed quick and I went out on a bike ride

Well done!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    I'm a Floridian, so this is a constant problem. It kept me from doing C25K today. I keep a variety of DVDs on hand. mainly Leslie Sansone and Jillian Michaels. They're 30 minute workouts, so I can't let time add to the rain as an excuse. Most of Leslie's DVDs don't require extra equipment, although I add hand weights to increase the burn. The JMBR strength DVDs use hand weights. They're cheap and it's good to have a set on hand.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Fitness Blender online!!!! :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    You can do side bends or sutups...

but please don't lose that butt
  • I would go running up and down the stairs, it burns even more calories than jogging outside(:
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    You have plenty to do, to name a few: push-ups, sit-ups, jumping on the spot, jogging on the spot, dancing, body weight squats, lunges.... These alone should keep you going for a long while.

Now with regards to no gym membership - I don't have one either but that doesn't stop me from purchasing a pair of solid dumbbells and weights to lift with at home - and tbh, it's a sound investment if you ask me, less than a years membership cost to a gym to get a set of good weights - add a good training program with it and you'll look almost if not the same as you would if you were to go to a gym in the long run.

^^^This^^^

I live outside of Seattle. It rains 9 months out of the year here and yet we have one of the lowest rates of obesity in the nation. Why? Because people go out and do stuff anyway. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm originally from Florida, and there's no way in Hell I'd be caught out running in a thunderstorm, but there is still PLENTY of stuff you can do indoors. Matter of fact, there are people who have learned out how to get really, really lean in a 4x4 ft space (Google "Convict Workout")...there's a whole bodyweight movement built on it.

Anyhoo, get to work! ;)
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Sorry, mine would involve going outside, nekkid, and dancing around in that rain...we are in the middle of a terrible drouth here.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Generally I get outside and run, so when it is raining I lift weights, I used to do workout videos on YouTube or do workout games on Xbox Kinect.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Go play in the rain! It's fun, especially on a hot day.

I don't get it, why is it fun in a hot day whilst its raining, the air just becomes humid and disgusting ...
    All about the cold rain ????
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Youtube Exercise vids. Research bodyweight/ circuit training workouts (no equipment required).
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member

Finally, you can prancersize.

No, no. That's strictly for outside - for the entertainment of others.