What to Eat Post Workout

Options
What's your favorite thing to eat (or drink) post workout? Do you change it up if you do full cardio instead of full weights (or vice versa)?

Replies

• sexymuffintop
    Options
    Banana and a protein shake. Yumzers.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it'll be vegetable and prawn tempura, sometimes pesto pasta salad with extra veggies and pinenuts. Sometimes just a protein shake, sometimes a chicken fillet burger. Today, it was dim sum. Although that was, looking back, slightly higher in sodium (plus MSG) than I usually have, so I'll not bother weighing in for a couple of days as, combined with the gym work, it's probably going to skew the scale readings. Other times, I've just not wanted to eat anything at all. So I haven't. Or, when I go with my friend, we'll pick up some various salami/bresaola cuts, veggies, hummus, dips and a bottle of red and enjoyed every mouthful. I think a mini velvet cake featured one night. Never felt any the worse or better for any of them - the advantage of having exercise calories to eat back means that you can eat things you wouldn't ordinarily on a sedentary day without having to overthink your choices.

TL;DR Eat whatever you want to after a workout.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell and ice cream.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Glass of milk or chocolate milkshake before shower; then lunch/dinner afterwards. Or instant porridge if I've run to work.

I try not to eat too differently but I tend to be ravenous after running!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Taco Bell and ice cream.

haha winner ;-))
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Carbs and lots of them
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell and ice cream.

haha winner ;-))

Seems to be working ;)

Comp.png
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Taco Bell and ice cream.

haha winner ;-))

Seems to be working ;)

Comp.png

It wasn't a test lol
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I never feel like eating anything after working out. Just want water.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk or I'll grab a Clif bar.........but I'm a runner & wannabe triathlete so my strength workouts are different than someone who may be bodybuilding (in which case a protein shake would be the way to go)
  • CG419
    CG419 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Water and Whey Protein shake