looking for help because I really have no idea what to do lol

Hello I'm Kim and I just started trying to gain weight I'm 23yrs old, 4'11", and I weigh 74lbs which I know is way underweight. I'm looking for help to try and gain in healthy way. My boyfriend just doesn't understand how hard it is for me to gain weight I've been struggling with this my whole life but it's never been this been bad before. Does anyone have any helpful tips to get me started???

Replies

• diannadabrowski
    diannadabrowski Posts: 5 Member
    There is these pills you can order or buy in the states called apetamin. Basically it increases your appetite so you can eat more. The more you eat the more you will gain. Check it out. Don't believe it has any serious negaitve side effects :)
    Happy gaining!!xo
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    There is these pills you can order or buy in the states called apetamin. Basically it increases your appetite so you can eat more. The more you eat the more you will gain. Check it out. Don't believe it has any serious negaitve side effects :)
    Happy gaining!!xo

OP don't do this.

You don't need pills to gain weight.

Just eat in a caloric surplus.

Figure out your maintenance calories
    add 250 to that number
    eat to that number
    adjust as necessary.
    I would also suggest getting a food scale to weigh all solids.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    You can do the opposite of the typical weight loss advice: eat foods that don't keep you feeling full (or at least add some of them to your daily diet). Drink fruit juice, soda, full fat milk, or other liquids full of calories that won't keep you feeling full. Cook all of your vegetables and meats in oil. Buy full fat dairy, and go for fattier cuts of meat (don't buy lean ground meat). Don't buy diet or low fat anything.

And here's a list of calorie dense foods:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2015
    I agree with auddii. We are the "lucky" ones who can drink calories. Those little differences between low fat and full fat will totally add up and help.
    Also, my dietician suggested that I needed more protein. If you just start tracking your normal daily intake it is quite easy to figure out what you are missing.

Also, smaller meals spread over the day to combat lack of appetite.