Introducing Myself

Options
healthyhappyhungryheather
healthyhappyhungryheather Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Heather. Starting to get back on track. I had a MFP a few years ago and had really great supportive friends :) (I ended up deleting the account awhile back) Now I'm back and looking for more motivating friends to help support me and I will support you too!
    A little about me?
    • I'm 20, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto Thyroiditis (auto-immune disease) this year and am making some big lifestyle changes!
    • Full-time Student, Psych Major
    • Outdoors Enthusiast (hiking, camping, fishing)
    • Animal Lover
    • Big fun, loving, dork! :p

Replies

• redredy9
      redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
      Options
      Hi Heather,

I am Josie and I just started back today. I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's too and and still working on getting my medication right. I was a marathon runner (a slow one but still) two years ago then I started putting on weight and feeling sluggish. I lacked the energy to train and then knee issues made it hard even to run a mile. At first I thought I was just eating too much and getting lazy (and there was some of that) but it as it got worse (I gained 25 pounds) I suspected some thing more was going on. Getting diagnosed was honestly a little bit of a relief - to have a reason that wasn't entirely my fault. So I think my meds still need to get upped from 50mg to 100mg but until then I am focusing on eating better and moving more and getting back to my pre-hashimoto's weight.

I am:
      - 36, diagnosed this spring
      - Full-time employed in an office (sedentary)
      - Outdoors enthusiast (walking, hiking, biking, running, paddle boarding)
      - Dog owner

My goals:
      - run at least a mile a day or do 30 minute of cardio or strength training (in addition to walking dog)
      - no drinking alcohol during the week
      - not eating out breakfast or lunch during the work week - which means cooking and packing food
      - track food
      - no after dinner snacking
      - drink at least 8 glasses of water
    • nickswifey09
      nickswifey09 Posts: 46 Member
      Options
      Hey Ladies! I am a mother of two boys--12 and almost 3 years old. I am 32 and a stay at home mom. I started with this app about 2 months ago along with using my fitbit. I don't drink alcohol and I try and walk 2-5 miles a day either outside or at the gym. Feel free to add me!
    • editorgrrl
      editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
      Options
      I'm 20, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto Thyroiditis (auto-immune disease) this year and am making some big lifestyle changes!

I have Hashi's. I lost more slowly than most MFPers, so be patient! But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn. I followed the advice in the Sexypants post, lost the weight, and have maintained for a year. You can do this!
    • healthyhappyhungryheather
      Options
      Thank you guys all so much :)