Losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It must be great to be 18 and so full of confidence that you are completely untouched by what people a lot older and more experienced have to say. His future at work is going to be so awesome!
  • Spice1973
    Spice1973 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OP didn't say he was using tea, he just said 28 day detox. That could be just eating healthier for 21 days and even if he has added tea to his diet it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. There are plenty of teas that help the way your body functions. Even dr's. are becoming more aware of this. There is a lot of stuff you can take to support better detox of your body. Just because it can do it on it's own doesn't mean that helping it do the job better is a bad thing. What is wrong with helping your body preform better and increasing how well your organs perform? By the way, I lost more the first couple of weeks too and it hasn't come back yet.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Spice1973 wrote: »
    OP didn't say he was using tea, he just said 28 day detox. That could be just eating healthier for 21 days and even if he has added tea to his diet it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. There are plenty of teas that help the way your body functions. Even dr's. are becoming more aware of this. There is a lot of stuff you can take to support better detox of your body. Just because it can do it on it's own doesn't mean that helping it do the job better is a bad thing. What is wrong with helping your body preform better and increasing how well your organs perform? By the way, I lost more the first couple of weeks too and it hasn't come back yet.

He has another thread all about the detox tea.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

He posted on another thread that he's using skinnymint tea which uses caffeine, diuretics and senna leaves.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh this is a hot mess
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10194096/skinnymint-teatox/p1
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    It must be great to be 18 and so full of confidence that you are completely untouched by what people a lot older and more experienced have to say. His future at work is going to be so awesome!

Ahhh, those good old days when we were young enough to know everything! Now, of course, we are too old, so we know nothing.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    We can't stop......and we won't stop.
  • Spice1973
    Spice1973 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My bad. Drinking a tea that has a laxative effect will hurt you a lot in the long run OP.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

omg I'm dying. You gotta stop.

i9f8y2ejfd2v.gif

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Is it a Miley Cyrus song? (I'm behind on pop culture).
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oh this is a hot mess

Nah, just another mess.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 8lbs in a week and half ? People are going to say this isn't healthy but I feel so much better for it! My motivation because I can see the numbers dropping on the scales has increased and my determination is sky high!!! I'm eating less than 1,500 calories a day but feel full and fuelled. Also on a 28 day detox which is doing wonders! Can anyone recommend a exercise for burning stomach fat a bit quicker! Thanks

8 lbs in the first week = maybe 6 lbs water weight, 2 lbs weight loss. The faster you lose (esp if you only have a little to lose) the more muscle you'd be losing than fat. You're setting yourself up to keep your stomach fat and lose your ab muscles (hyperbole).

1,500 calories- do you use a food scale? You're probably (hopefully) actually eating more than that. I'm a woman and I'm eating 1,600 calories and losing.

28 day detox = you have been swindled of your money AND credibility.

Seriously, though- the slower you lose, the more lean mass you retain and the more fat you lose. That's why people who lose very quickly complain of being "skinny fat." You also have more loose skin =(

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I wonder how much LBM you lost OP? I wonder if your Body fat% has increased during this quick weight loss of yours?
  • bilsonmandela
    bilsonmandela Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Omg thank you so much , finally someone that can be nice and not act like a know it all because they are older hahaha ! Thank you
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Omg thank you so much , finally someone that can be nice and not act like a know it all because they are older hahaha ! Thank you
    As opposed to acting like a know it all because they're younger?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

I have no words.

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 8lbs in a week and half ? People are going to say this isn't healthy but I feel so much better for it! My motivation because I can see the numbers dropping on the scales has increased and my determination is sky high!!! I'm eating less than 1,500 calories a day but feel full and fuelled. Also on a 28 day detox which is doing wonders! Can anyone recommend a exercise for burning stomach fat a bit quicker! Thanks

OP, Here's a link to help you get the abs you want: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1