Garmin Connect & Endomondo Life - double data?

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to Myfitnesspal and was just looking for some advice regarding connecting both Garmin connect and Endomondo Life.

I went for a 25 mile ride this morning and burned 1,484 calories over the 80 minutes I was riding.

I also had edomondo life tracking my steps whilst I was riding as I leave my phone in my back pocket of my jersey. It thinks I walked 14,038 steps and burned 600 calories.

I think this means that Myfitnesspal is adding both together and saying I burned 2000 calories.

Does anyone have any advice to sort this out? I need to keep my phone on me when riding in case of emergencies etc.

Thank you in advance.

Jon.

Replies

• granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    delete endomondo
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Seriously, get rid of Endomondo. Since Garmin Connect allowed manual workout additions, theres no point using it. Its got worse, not better.

I also carry my phone while running and I use a Garmin watch :smile:
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have years of Endomondo data - and have also just got me a Garmin watch. :) Disable one of them as an MFP app. I would disable the Endomondo and only use the Garmin Connect as a MFP enabled app. If you want to continue tracking on Endomondo then manually import the workouts using GPX or TCX export from Garmin Connect.

That's my 2c worth!