Mike's Gastric bypass weight loss journey

Options
mskimpel
mskimpel Posts: 30 Member
Hello , my name is Mike I am having bariatric surgery August 13 . I am 160 lbs overweight and cannot lose the weight on regular diets ( I am been trying for over 30 yrs ) . I am married ( 38 yrs) with two grown boys in there late 30's and 5 grandkids 4 girls and one boy . My boys took me out for Father's Day and they gave me a Fitbit Charge HR . I have been asking for one for awhile now so I am brand new to this and have a lot to learn . I am looking forward to meeting people who are into weight loss and exercise .

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike!

Welcome to MFP. I've been on here just over two months now and its helping a lot! Have you started logging your food? There are some great tips on this forum-#1 is to buy a food scale. It has become my best friend! I'm understanding real portion sizes now. It's been a great tool!

I got a Fitbit Charge HR at the end of May . I am one of the ones that doesn't do any connecting to my fitness pal on it yet. I use it to encourage more movement in my day and have to say that it's helping! I charge mine a bit every few days while showering.

There is a ton of helpful people on My fitness pal. Hope you find the support you need :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a FitBit zip. I've lost almost ninety pounds since I started, and I had a bypass a year ago. Here's a gastric bypass group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • Stardog_Champion
    Stardog_Champion Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I had the surgery and lost 250 lbs in ten months. Good luck, sir
  • mskimpel
    mskimpel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank- you all for the welcome and yes I do log my foods .