5'2" and need to lose 20 pounds

Options
Anyone else with similar goals? I've never considered myself as overweight, but according to my trainer I'm 20 lbs over a healthy weight AND I'm 30% body fat. I just hide it well. Boo. Gotta get serious. :-)

Replies

• ashleymm625
    Options
    very similar! i'm 5'0 currently around 130 looking to be 105. i used to be 162. i'll add u!
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Kind of, but I've lost 30 lbs already. I'm looking to lose at least 25 more, and then go from there. I'll be 120 lbs then.. I don't really know what my actual goal should be, but by the time I get to 120, I hope I'll have some sort of an idea? Haha.
  • jellab
    jellab Posts: 35
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 30#! That's so awesome!!! I didn't know what to set for my goal weight either and then I had a free fat/lean mass ratio test at the gym and they told me. That wasn't very fun. LOL!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and need to lose 15-20 more pounds. My goal weight is somewhere between 125-130.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and looking to lose 20 pounds. When I was 135, one of my coworkers thought I was pregnant. I'm still not quite sure why, but whatever floats his boat. I would like to be about 110 to 115 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • poppy191
    poppy191 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and 112 down from 146 at my heaviest - just remember trainers dont always have a realistic idea of what's a good weight- there thin and then there gym thin!! I had a trainer come up to me and tell me "the way you're training, you'll get rid of that belly in no time!' I weighed 120. Another time, a trainer said 'oh you arent far off now!' I weighed 114. Point is, to get to a weight you are happy with and that you are healthy at and thats not just about physical health but mental health too :-)
  • ashlie7186
    Options
    Hi I am 5'1'' and I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds. I will add you!
  • KuriChan44
    KuriChan44 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5"2-3 and aiming to lost 24 more pounds :)
  • ashlie7186
    Options
    Hi I am 5'1'' and I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds. I will add you!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I would trust the trainer to know what a healthy weight is or even BF%. I do agree that it's a good idea to go lower than 30%. But, I have heard male trainers saying that they think 20% BF is too much and it is totally not too much. I would ask more questions, like what height weight chart they are using and what percent of BF is healthy. If the answer is less than 20% then a different trainer is probably a good idea. Unless your goal is to be super ripped which is a totally different goal than just getting to a healthy weight and BF%.
  • ani40
    ani40 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and am looking to shift 20 pounds as well. My weight is around my belly and most of my clothes give me that pregnant lady look!
    As I have just started I too would love some friends in the same boat?
  • jellab
    jellab Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and am looking to shift 20 pounds as well. My weight is around my belly and most of my clothes give me that pregnant lady look!
    As I have just started I too would love some friends in the same boat?

OMG! You just described me!!! LOL!
  • 1234suroor
    1234suroor Posts: 41
    Options
    Im in the same exact boat
  • Mariposa_Lily
    Mariposa_Lily Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5'2" and looking to lose 10 lbs and gain a bit more muscle and overall fitness, too. Feel free to add!
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 144 pounds. I have lost 4 pounds and am looking to lose at least 14 more, but perhaps 19 more. I am 44 so this is harder with hormones starting to change.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and would like to lose 50 lbs. I tried everything then I bought a book by Jackie Warner called "This is Why You're Fat (and how to get thin forever)" I am doing Zumba everyday and am off wheat and sugar. I have about 3 protein shakes a day. I am on week 3 with this. I am definitely feeling better and have gone down a couple of inches on my waist. This seems to be working for me. Her book makes a lot of sense. I eat really healthy for 5 days and on the weekend days have a cheat meal each day. I won't go on a plan that disallows foods forever. Does not make sense. Just thought I would share this with you.
  • alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I am currently at 151lbs and need to lose another 20 pounds to reach my realisitc goal in next 4 months. Please add me if you are at a similar target. I have lost around 9 pounds so far.
  • missnee21
    missnee21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same bout. 5'2.5" and trying to get down to 125 lbs. Weighed about 115 coming out of high school- actually don't want to get down to that level ( I like my curves!). Feel free to add me :)
  • daswo
    daswo Posts: 6
    Options
    Similar boat. I'm just shorter. 4'11". Trying to lose 10 - 15 lbs. Would love to have another friend. :)
  • inchez20
    inchez20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 carrying around 178lbs. I have gotten down to 169lbs in the last 3 months. Still have a way to go in order to reach my 135lbs goal