1 Week - We can do anything for 1 Week Challenge

Options
morning_joy
morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
I am looking for a few people that are up for making a commitment for one week. Right now, I can't seem to get the 1 month or 6 week goals met. I need to get back to basics and do it for ONE WEEK. Please message me if you would be interested in setting 3 goals for yourself that must be met in one week and checking in daily to let us know what you are doing to make sure you meet those goals, how you are progressing and supporting the others that have made the commitment.

Make the goals clearly defined, measurable, attainable but also a push for you right now.

I will start it off...

For the next seven days, I will track my food...religiously...if it goes in my mouth, it goes in my food log.

For the next seven days, I will do 10 push-ups, 20 seconds of plank, 20 sit ups and 50 jump rope rotations (I suck at this) twice a day.

Over the next 7 days I will walk a total of 20 miles tracked by Runkeeper.

Over the next 7 days I will write a journal entry each day to reflect on my progress...what is holding me back...causing me to stumble...and of course...my celebrations.

Over the next 7 days, I will log into this thread twice a day to note my progress.

Please join me in this one week challenge. I really need the accountability and support.

Juliana

Replies

• morning_joy
    Options
    Good Morning. It is Day 1. Only one person decided to take the challenge. Hopefully more will join us as we go.

So, how have I been doing? I packed a health breakfast and lunch for the 10 hours I will be at the office today. I work somewhere where they monitor computer use and are a bit obnoxious about me logging on so I have to learn to use my phone app. I have made a commitment with a family member to meet at the gym after work so I will be sure to go. I am trying to set myself up for success.

What are you going to do to make today a success?

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    Okay! Day 1

For the next seven days, I will track all my food.

For the next seven days, I will workout to a DVD on the days not at the gym, workout w/our trainer once a week and hit the gym two more times.

Over the next 7 days I will walk at least 4 miles a day...I also use Runkeeper and I use a Fitbit.

Over the next 7 days I will write a journal entry each day to reflect on my progress...what is holding me back...causing me to stumble...and of course...my celebrations. (I liked this...hope you don't mind that I'm going to borrow it!!)

Over the next 7 days, I will log in and note my progress.

This will be fun!

Today is our gym day with our trainer. I'll be back this evening to let you know how it goes!!

Chris
  • morning_joy
    Options
    I loved having a trainer when I could afford it. He helped me continue working out through that burn and "*kitten*, I can't do one more" phase. I am on a deeply tight budget these days...divorce...so I need to learn to push myself harder. I also used a Fitbit for two years until I put it through a washer. I miss the track-ability.

Today...My celebration...I posted twice a day. I logged my food in and then re-adjusted to subtract the food I did not eat because I got caught up in work. I did my little workout routine twice today. I went shopping and got my fresh fruit and veggies for the week all prepared in the fridge. A nutritionist once old me to "market to myself". Put all fresh ready to eat food in the two shelves of the fridge that are right in front of my eyes when I open it. It works!!

I am struggling to find time to workout but the weekend is coming so I will have at least three days to workout hard.

What did you do today that you didn't yesterday?

Juliana
  • cpanus
    Options
    We didn't make it to the gym. We are hoping for a Dr's release for next Wed. Drank plenty of water but didn't meet any of my other goals. I will try to do better today.

Chris
  • bethchoat
    bethchoat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to start this with you? Such a great idea!
  • cpanus
    Options
    @bethchoat please do join us!! The more the merrier!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    My daughter is sick. No workout or walking yesterday. Today DH and I will be taking her pup out for a long walk. We are going to Carmel tonight, and I'm going to try an post from my phone. I've never done that before, so please don't be surprised if weirdness comes across. We will all try to stay on plan, but it is Carmel!! We will be getting our walking in down by the beach. The weather should be perfect!

Chris
  • morning_joy
    Options
    I am sorry I faded away after starting this thread and YES please join and I will start checking in as promised. I have let myself get swept away by family stress and emergency but I have to put myself first or I will not be there for anyone else.

Today my goals are to walk at 11:00 AM this morning NO MATTER what is going on in the office and to take all my measurements tonight so I have a clear starting place. It is so important to me to take my measurements because often that scale just doesn't budge for me (especially when I start working out and building muscle again). The inches lost are a great motivator.

I am also committing (again) to logging in, posting, logging my food and supporting those in this thread.

What is your goal for the day?
  • morning_joy
    Options
    So today is starting out positive. I was struggling this morning but I have made it through my financial meeting and am planning to add 1.5 miles to my weekly total at 11 am. Can't wait to get out in the sun and fresh air.
  • morning_joy
    Options
    Tomorrow I start a 30 day clean eating plan. Today I am prepping and planning so I can keep going with the 10 hours work days. Looking forward to embracing delicious fresh food.
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Hi I'd like to join :)
    Today I will
    1.plan my exercise for the week and stick to it!
    2. Log all of the food I eat honesty
    3. Drink 8 x 8oz water
    4. Start to declutter my bedroom
  • morning_joy
    Options
    So grateful to have another person who is working on her goals!!

Today my goals are...
    1. Walk 1.7 miles at lunch as fast as possible. Last walk was a 17.8 minute mile so I want to break that.
    2. Eat on my plan today and log every bite
    3. Drink my detox tea and lots of water.
  • missm2
    Options
    I planned my routines :D
    I logged honestly :D
    I drank 8 x 8 Oz of water :D
    I didn't start my room... but I will tomorrow
  • missm2
    Options
    Tomorrow's goals
    8 x 8oz