Fitbug calorie adjustment question

Hi,

I have been logging my daily steps with a fitbug (similar to fitbit) for a couple of months now. A couple of weeks ago, I realised it integrates with MyFitnessPal, so you can do a calorie adjustment based on your calorie expenditure.

So, I set it up, and only once have I earned more calories for the day!

Most days, I try to exceed 10,000 steps. Sometimes I go slightly under, sometimes slightly over.

The only day so far when I have earned more calories for the day was one day I did over 14,000 steps!

I am a 40 year old 304lb, 6'2" male, targeting 2010 calories a day.

So what gives?

Every day, the fitbug app says I have burned around 800-900 calories, so why no adjustment?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    What is your activity level set at? It's my understanding that FitBit compares against that. If you want to see an adjustment everyday, change your activity level to sedentary.

The FitBit group may have some other ideas....maybe there is a glitch....and you need to "re-set" your FitBit on MFP
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • darthfoolish
    darthfoolish Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks, I think I get it now
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I have been logging my daily steps with a fitbug (similar to fitbit) for a couple of months now. A couple of weeks ago, I realised it integrates with MyFitnessPal, so you can do a calorie adjustment based on your calorie expenditure.

So, I set it up, and only once have I earned more calories for the day!

Most days, I try to exceed 10,000 steps. Sometimes I go slightly under, sometimes slightly over.

The only day so far when I have earned more calories for the day was one day I did over 14,000 steps!

I am a 40 year old 304lb, 6'2" male, targeting 2010 calories a day.

So what gives?

Every day, the fitbug app says I have burned around 800-900 calories, so why no adjustment?

Click on your adjustment to see the math MFP used to calculate it.

Your default MFP calorie goal is activity level minus deficit. Adjustments are the difference between your Fitbug burn and your MFP activity level. When you burn fewer calories than your MFP activity level, you get a zero adjustment. (And you're not eating at a true deficit.)

Enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings