Weight Loss During Pregnancy

Options
Hi all,

I started out overweight - no, obese. I was gradually losing weight last year. But then I started to gain again. After becoming heavier than I've ever been, my husband and I learned we were pregnant. It's a big no no to try and lose weight during pregnancy. But it was okay because I actually lost weight at first due to the awful morning sickness. Then, in my third trimester - BOOM! Ten pounds gained out of no where and I just keep gaining at a crazy rate. I'm absolutely miserable! Looking for anyone who is pregnant and trying to lose or at least control the weight gain.

Replies

• sexyfuture83
    sexyfuture83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am also in the exact same boat. I've gained back 10 of the 20 lbs i lost from morning sickness. Seems like these last 2 wks it just popped up. Although it is hot here and that causes swelling. I think it is mostly fluid. I lost 2lbs this wk and my swelling is better. all i did was cut back on salt and start walking.
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yep same here!! I was 75kg at the start of my pregnancy. Dropped to 73kgs from the morning sickness then as soon as the sickness stopped I started gorging on food and can't seem to stop myself! I'm 29 weeks on Friday (26th June) and I'm now 83-84kgs! I need to stop gaining weight as my local hospital isn't equipped for high risk pregnancies and my doctor said if I gain too much I'd be in that category :(