Best workout to do when you're sore

Options
i did no more trouble zones by JM yesterday and I am insanely sore. Major muscle groups are sore. I need to do a good Calorie burning workout but I know I can't do something like NMTZ again today. Suggestions??

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    For my days when I am ridiculously sore I either take a day off (it's just as important for your muscle to have rest days as it is to have workout days) or I do something light like walking a few miles or working on learning some new yoga poses. It really helps to stretch and open up your muscles so you can feel better the next day!
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I second hush7hush's suggestions.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I always add a day of nothing but yoga/stretching in to my weekly routines. It's incredibly important to stretch every day, but a dedicated stretch day can have more benefits for your recovery. Light cardio is also beneficial for soreness.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Fourthing suggestions to stretch and/or walk. :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Yeah stretch or walk. I would be taking a rest day myself.
  • hedgehogsinspace
    hedgehogsinspace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to do restorative yoga when I'm sore. There are plenty of videos you can follow along with on Youtube. Foam rolling and stretching right after you exercise should help prevent soreness the next day. =)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    As stated above yoga/stretching, cardio or just rest. If you are going to work out work a completely different muscle group, i.e. legs today arms tomorrow.
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do yoga a lot. I wanted something a little higher in intensity, but not a weight baring type of workout. I opted for some kickboxing. Felt good. Thanks for all of the advice!