Trying to reclaim myself

Options
Coming to my fitness pal was very difficult for me as a mom of 2 I've become around 30 lbs overweight and that is very embarrassing for me as a former dancer and someone who was always very fit and active. I have had a lot of people tell me I am not overweight enough to join a group like this but I have been actively over eating for about five years now and I know I need support to make this lifestyle change work. I've tried it on my own and I need accountability to reclaim myself.

Replies

• CignaSi
    CignaSi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Accountability with strangers behind a screen will not do any long term good. It has to come from yourself to keep and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Look within and figure out why you choose to be self destructive when you know better. Figure out what exercise you enjoy and make time to do it. Make choices for yourself that will make you feel better, and to be a good example to your children for their future as well. Accountability is a inside job, no one else can do for you.
  • ruralresonance
    ruralresonance Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    While what you say is true, I have to hold myself accountable in a tangible way. I know why I am over eating (What? the kids want ice cream? ME TOO!) and I know why I am not working out like I should (excuse maker extraordinaire) I like the food tracker on here and unfortunately I don't have any friends in my area to work out with or talk to about losing weight. We moved here about 18 months ago and I haven't fit into the culture of our new area. I get one of two responses if I do mention I'd like a fitness buddy. 1. No one has time for that I'm too busy being a Mom. or 2. YOU need to "lose weight" rriiiigghhhht." So this is my forum for better or worse it is the tool I have and I'm taking advantage of it.