• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1st pic... 155 lbs
    female-transformation-jessica-drass_a.jpg

2nd pic... 100lbs , anorexic?
    female-transformation-jessica-drass_b.jpg

reference : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jessica-lost-55-pounds-cut-body-fat-in-half.htm

I'm trying to figure out how, in your mind, not having a perfectly sculpted muscular body = big fat unhealthy slob. The picture on top has a little extra meat on her bones, but she isn't fat by any stretch of the imagination.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    1st pic... 155 lbs

reference : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jessica-lost-55-pounds-cut-body-fat-in-half.htm

She's also 4' 11". You don't know that the OP is that size. 100lbs isn't the same for everyone.

You're misunderstanding him. He's advocating all females should snip off a few inches from their height if they're not 4'11. The trolling is very obvious, so never mind him. I refuse to believe that someone could be that challenged not to recognize that people (including women believe it or not) come in all shapes, sizes, heights and body frames and that a healthy weight is a different range for different people.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    1st pic... 155 lbs

She's also 4' 11". You don't know that the OP is that size. 100lbs isn't the same for everyone.

You're misunderstanding him. He's advocating all females should snip off a few inches from their height if they're not 4'11. The trolling is very obvious, so never mind him. I refuse to believe that someone could be that challenged not to recognize that people (including women believe it or not) come in all shapes, sizes, heights and body frames and that a healthy weight is a different range for different people.
    You have greater faith in humanity than I do.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    1st pic... 155 lbs

38a05ed20f64bc69a8356f9fcb9af8cc.jpg

And here is massy, a 5'8 female who weighs 156 pounds.

You cannot compare Jessica Drass who is 4'11 to someone like Massy who is 5'8.

Now do you get the picture? You can just be rattling off nonsense.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fat-and-skinny-xray.jpg

xray shows obese women have about the same "meat" muscle tissue as very fit females( talking about under 130lbs for 5'6 height )

Excess fat is a risk factor for diabetes and general cardiovascular health

No body here is arguing that you numbskull silly goose. This site isn't a place for you to spew shitlording FPH stuff. I think it's generally accepted around these parts that fat is unhealthy.

But the numbers you said dont apply to everyone and shouldn't be used as a blanket statement for all of the woman on this planet.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @StrongAsFuarkBear everything you've put in this thread fails to rise to the level of asinine drivel. You've advocated arbitrary weights for women without regard to their height or muscle mass. Go learn something ... anything ... and improve yourself.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    @StrongAsFuarkBear everything you've put in this thread fails to rise to the level of asinine drivel.

SECONDED!!!
  • kaseykae
    kaseykae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the 10K trainer app it helps you build stamina and takes into account your breathing, before I couldn't run 30 seconds without dying but now I can't run nearly 40 minutes without break! It's definitely worth a try
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Okay, not to derail the thread:

When I first started running I could not make it to 60 seconds, now I can do a full 30 minutes. The trick is to start where you're comfortable (at conversation pace) and very gradually build on that. You may either need to slow way down or to start with shorter intervals (or both). I had to slow way down in the beginning to where I could walk faster than the speed I was running and it all worked out. If you could run any slower, you're going too fast for an out of shape beginner.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    edit, see pics below, you can give me another "warning". this is fitness forum, not a politically correct forum of acceptance of any kind. (cant say anything that relates to adipose tissue or will get warning again)

Dude, read the terms of service. You have to be 18 years old to participate in MFP. Clearly, you're under the age limit. Either that or you're a pathetic troll. Take your pick.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    go to your doctor and perhaps to a respiratory medical professional. They will do bloodwork and tests for breathing etc. Also drop down to around 100-115lbs total weight. so u dont have to carry all the mass , might increase quality of life due to easiness to move etc.

Given that you don't know how tall this person is, your recommendation for weight goal is out of order..

• nyiknyak
    nyiknyak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »
    The Couch to 5K program is good for building your aerobic capacity. You may also be trying to run too fast.When running, you should be able to pass the "talk test" most of the time: Can you speak in short but complete sentences? If not, slow down. (If you can sing, though, speed up.)

This is sooo true + walk/jog intervals or Couch to 5K. If you go out running 3 times a week for about 30 minutes (walk/jog), normally you should be able to run constantly for 30 minutes in 8 weeks or so, your lung, your heart, your muscles will adjust. You gotta learn to run, the same way you have to learn to play basketball.

You're not alone! I've started running 5 years ago as a heavy smoker. Never ran before. In fact, I truly hated the idea of running. It was a real pain to jog 200 meters, but kept on with my beginners' program. In 6 weeks I ran my first 5K. In 2013 I ran my first marathon. It's all about making a decision, regularity, patience, determination and especially not pushing yourself too hard (to avoid injuries and to enjoy the journey).

Regards from Budapest