Chocolate..?

Options
Any suggestions for how to scratch my chocolate itch without blowing my calories? There's a giant Reese's peanut butter heart from Valentine's Day staring at me... *Must resist* So, I was thinking about looking at the fat free versions of those Jell-O brand puddings. I'm at 1200 calories a day.

Replies

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like the Dove promises dark chocolate. When I want the real thing fat free pudding won't cut it, there is something very satisfying about biting into actual chocolate.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    A typical square of dark chocolate is around 50 calories. My favorite is the Godiva Sea Salt Dark. 2 squares spread with a thin layer of peanut butter (5 grams) is very satisfying and only about 130 calories.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of semi-sweet choco chips in the freezer at home and when I have a hankering for chocolate, I will get a tablespoon or two of them and put a few at a time in my mouth and let them melt slowly. Pretty satisfying. or sometimes, I will get a plain greek yogurt and squirt a little hershey's chocolate syrup in it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I enjoy small amounts of dark chocolate on a regular basis. If I want to keep calories down and not have my usual 140 calorie piece of Mosser Roth, a ten gram serving of semi-sweet morsels is only 50 calories and scratches that itch nicely. ;)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a portion of the real thing.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I also get Godiva or Lindt dark chocolate and break off one square. I break the square up into pieces and mix it with 1/2 cup of Quaker Oat Squares cereal and a couple of walnuts. I put this in a custard cup and eat it in the evening. So satisfying.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    139 calories Mars ice cream bar
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Take a walk .....earn some chocolate calories. The 1200 MFP gave you is BEFORE exercise.

I like Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. The dark chocolate gives me more chocolate flavor (and less sugar)....if that makes sense.

Chocolate flavored PB2 is great mixed in oatmeal or vanilla Greek yogurt.

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea is yummy. I add milk & a teaspoon of sugar.

Edited...Yoga tea? ...don't think so
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That heart is going to stare you in the face until it gets eaten. How about breaking it up ( :'( ) I know! And freezing the pieces. Let your beloved you'll be thinking of him at afternoon tea every day.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Or a little Nutella on water crackers!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Oh, sure, butterscotch sugar free, fat free pudding. 70 calories a serving.

http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-jell-o-butterscotch-sugar-free-i305273
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    eat some of the chocolate and fit it into your calories.

If you want a substitute i suggest you find something you actually ENJOY that can fit into your calorie goal. Some things i like are:

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sanwiches (150 cals)
    Fiber One Brownies
    Chocolate Mint Cliffs Builders Bars
    Chocolate protein Shake (frozen banana, chocolate protein powder, pb2, almond milk)
    Chocolate Proats
  • jgnatca
    Options
    To break down a Reece's peanut butter cup you'd have to cut a Reece's in half to match the jell-o pudding. 210 calories for two Reece's cups.

http://www.hersheys.com/reeses/products/reeses-peanut-butter-cups/milk-chocolate.aspx
  • TeaBea
    Options
    I also get Godiva or Lindt dark chocolate and break off one square. I break the square up into pieces and mix it with 1/2 cup of Quaker Oat Squares cereal and a couple of walnuts. I put this in a custard cup and eat it in the evening. So satisfying.

Ooooh......along the same line

Chocolate mini wheats are so good.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    There are some good fudgesicles out there that are lower calorie.
  • MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    These are really good ideas! I might have to break up the Reese's and put the pieces in the freezer. I guess I'm trying too hard to deprive myself! I do love the Fiber One brownies, and I definitely want to try some of the Skinny Cow products! Is the fat free chocolate Jell-O pudding really that bad? Lol maybe I won't try it after all!
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    fudge pops, 40 calories
  • MusicalMelanie11
    Options
    Ooh, TeaBea, you struck a nerve with the fudgesicles... I'ma have to look into these lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    These are really good ideas! I might have to break up the Reese's and put the pieces in the freezer. I guess I'm trying too hard to deprive myself! I do love the Fiber One brownies, and I definitely want to try some of the Skinny Cow products! Is the fat free chocolate Jell-O pudding really that bad? Lol maybe I won't try it after all!

Oh, i really love these and they are like 40 cals a peice.

0002700041911_500X500.jpg

Also, the skinny cow mint are my favorite.

skinny_cow.jpg
  • MusicalMelanie11
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Oh, i really love these and they are like 40 cals a peice.

0002700041911_500X500.jpg

Also, the skinny cow mint are my favorite.

skinny_cow.jpg

Oh wow, I am so glad you posted that! I would never have checked the calories on Snack packs, I always thought they would be much higher! That's less than my Yoplait light! :joy: Thank you so much!