Anyone here pregnant?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I've decided to come back onto MFP to make sure I stay healthy and stuff is anyone else on here also pregnant (I'm sure you pregnant ladies are out there somewhere!) I would love to add you and chat to you!!

Comment and I'll add you, or go right ahead and add me! :)

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi
    There is a MFP group for pregnant ladies. Here is the link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
    You can find more MFP groups at the Groups option, dark blue banner above.
    Also, there are always threads started by pregnant MFP, usually in the "Getting started" message board. Use the Search function
    I wish you a smooth delivery
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness, no, I'm not!!! Never doing that again.
    But +1 to checking out the groups.

Suggestion: get a doula - a professional non-medical educational & support person for pregnancy & labor.
    She'll help you learn about pregnancy, what you can expect during labor, what your options are (including
    the likely effects of common interventions if you're planning hire a doctor or go to a hospital)
    , and most
    importantly she'll be with you for the ENTIRE labor/delivery. Unless you have a midwife, no medical care person
    is going to do that. Then she'll check in on you a few days after, perhaps even help with the transition to having
    a baby in the house (instead of being pregnant).
    There are also postpartum doulas who focus more on the first year of having a baby, breastfeeding, safety,
    bathing, child development, etc.
    DONA is probably the major professional / certification organization in the US: http://www.dona.org/
  • jpaulhamus
    jpaulhamus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with my first- a girl. Congratulations to you! I have been on MFP for years, but now I'm using it to make sure I'm on track with my nutrition and maintaining a healthy weight gain. Add me if you like. I am going to check out the group listed above. Good luck to you!
  • mylovelyhumps
    mylovelyhumps Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I've decided to come back onto MFP to make sure I stay healthy and stuff is anyone else on here also pregnant (I'm sure you pregnant ladies are out there somewhere!) I would love to add you and chat to you!!

Comment and I'll add you, or go right ahead and add me! :)

Just found out I'm expecting! Add me